feeling blue

Hey guys just needed to vent a bit because I’m having a pretty awful day…

So it starts off this morning I wake up and go to school to take a calc test and this thing was insanely difficult so I’m not sure how I did on it but I don’t feel good -.- Then after I get out of that class and I see I have 4 missed calls from my mom and a text telling me I need to call her, so I did and found out my grandma whom I’m pretty close to has breast cancer and probably has less than a year to live, so the rest of the day I’ve been in a complete haze… I'm on break from work so I was at school for 5 hours then worked for 3 hours and have to go back for another 3 hours after my break… I’m just physically and emotionally drained. I had been doing so good lately but today I just feel like breaking down. I miss having that person to comfort me, I don’t miss my ex but I am missing the feeling of a comforting hand… trying to stay optimistic but today is really challenging me. I feel like some of my old habits are creeping back in and I don’t want to rely on having a SO to get through days like today.

Sorry to hear about your gramma.

It is a haze....its called shock. And it will pass....I think it is the minds way to close down a bit so that the processing can begin.

I dealt with my mums death last year...and it will be hard. You really have to dig deep and use your faith...in God or yourself...and realize that the only way out is through. Reach out to family and friends...that is why you have them!

And realize that this will all pass in time...and you will be all the stronger for weathering the storm.

It sounds like a situation where a lot of unpleasant things cropped up at once and worst of all, someone you know and love personally was effected as well which makes it even harder. I'd be inept at finding words to supplement mhowe's fantastic advice. This could be an opportunity to grow even closer with your family but truly, nobody is benefited in these kind of ordeals. I wish you, your mother and grandmother the best and you will definitely be stronger in time. Feel free to post here whenever you can and need to. You'll always find at least one listening ear and caring voice.

Got some amazing news today, the right side does not have cancer! So she's only going to need a single mastectomy and it's scheduled for tuesday morning! Just wanted to update for those who care

That's great news! Wishing your grandma a speedy recovery!

Archived