I want to date, but I'm not ready. WHY?

Tinkerbell1607309344

1) When I like someone, in the meantime its all flirting and teasing and amusement. I think how much I wanna date that person, but when it comes to actually being able to date I always say no. I get terrified and I think "me having a bf? Hahah naaaaah". 2) Sometimes when I completely dislike some guy, I still want him to like me though. And I get mad if he likes some other girl.

So, why does this happen? I really want a bf, but the thought of kissing or cuddling makes me sick to my stomache. I feel uncomfortable to that thought.

Everyone matures differently. I'm not saying you are immature, but some people are just not ready for a relationship. 18 is still young enough for you to not be ready and maybe you have issues about commitment or preconceived notions of what dating is about. I think you may not be ready just yet, and that's okay, some people are late bloomers in this regard.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm from Europe, too, and 18 isn't as young as I expected. Girls mature at different ages but the thought of kissing or cuddling making you sick to your stomach doesn't sound right for your age. Maybe you've had a bad experience in the past?

I was the same at 18. The idea of intimacy made me feel sick, couldn't even hold a guys hand! I'm 25 and am a very affectionate person now.. people just mature at different ages, there's nothing weird about it just give yourself time OP!

Archived