Why would a guy keep staring at you from a distance

Sweetestsin92

Because he can. Staring isn't illegal or immoral.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with looking.

Ug. I hate this. Best case? He's a nice guy who doesn't know how to approach you and doesn't realize he's making you uncomfortable. Worst? He's a serial killer trying to picture you with your skin off.

LOL.

I look at people every day. I hope they don't read too much into it.

Yeah I was guilty of this one week ago sadly, there was this girl she was stunning and had the tightest outfit on that showed heaps of skin. I wanted to get a picture oif her and me but I was sitting down with a friend and having a conversation with him and I didn't want to leave him mid conversation. Yeah I admit it's a little creepy staring but what else are you meant to do really, I couldn't ditch my friend....

Guilty here too. Yesterday actually. Sure I said hi, but not the place or company for making small talk and we were both busy. But I did stare, smile, and was stuck wondering was she available.

But the question is did he stare or leer? Big difference; that most don't make. My guess is he thinks you're attractive and either can't or won't do something about it.

1) If he's single he doesn't have the confidence to approach you. Fears rejections. Think you are out of his league. He doesn't want to date at the moment, etc.

2) If he's taken/married, he doesn't want to risk saying hi to you to avoid leading himself on or putting himself in a worse-off position where nothing can ever happen anyways.

Most men who find you attractive will stare at you. That's what they do. Most women will check out handsome men. Works both ways.

Haha, I was also guilty of this myself the other night. Saw a girl at the bar, thought she was cute, we locked eyes for a second. I was going to go talk to her but it was too crowded and I didn't get an opportunity right then, so I made a mental note to find her later.

There was a patio outside that was less crowded, I saw her there later on but she was talking to some guy. I couldn't tell if she was "with" him and they were a couple, or if he had just beaten me to the punch, so I was observing in an attempt to find out! So that's my excuse, anyway. (I never could figure out if they were a couple or not but I decided against barging up to them and hitting on her right in front of him in order to find out for sure).

Archived