What are your thoughts?

JesseN

So my friend has been talking to this girl for almost a month now, and they hook up at parties, text a lot, and hang out sometimes. He likes her a lot, but she doesn't like commitment. He said that they aren't hooking up with other people. But she just doesn't like commitment in any way.

Do you think this will last? Or will she change her mind? I feel bad for him... because if he likes her that much, I can't see this being good. Does anyone have any thoughts or know stories like this?

She likes casual sex but doesn't want a relationship.

And she has told him this.

If he chooses to stay with her and believes her...it can be fine.

If he wants a girl who will make a commitment....he will get dumped.

What concern is it for you?

You need to butt out!

Of the two people doing the hook up...their thoughts on the matter count.

Your opinion does not.

If he gets hurt...it is because he didn't listen.

Getting hurt is part of life....and you are his friend...not his mommy.

Is it because you are interested in him? As more than a friend?

I'm not doing anything! I simply would just like more information on the topic gosh! No I am not interested in him. I just haven't encountered many women who don't like commitment. Usually you see it as a guy move. So I would just like some stories or opinions!

Not all women want a commitment, neither do all men. But I do believe from my own experience that if the right person comes along, all of that goes out of the window. You're not going to fall in love and then deny them because you don't want a commitment.

However you and your friend need to stop thinking that all women want commitment, and those who say they don't are secretly lying about it. Your friend needs to take this at face value and decide whether he will settle for a casual relationship or leave the girl to it. The latter speaks more self respect.

If you've started this thread to prove a point to him then you are meddling, and you're only going to lose him as a friend in the long run if you continue to judge his relationships. Only he and the girl knows what is going on truly, only he can make his own judgement. You've told him your advice, as I'm guessing he asked for it but I suggest if you want to keep him as a friend you let him do his own thing from now on. Don't pressure him to leave this girl, he should do what makes him happy. If it all blows up in his face then he has learnt from his own experiences and you can be there for him then.

Archived