Emotionally upset need advise

Jets2435

Ok I'll start from when I was in middle school, I was always happy. I loved my life, I had so many friends and everything was going good until 7th grade my neighbor who was my best friend at the time decided to break into my house with a bunch of his friends and trash my house. I was so in shock that I never saw him or talked to him again and that was 5 years ago. Ever since then my life has been a down ward spiral and I've even considered suicide. I'm a junior now but I went to a private school my freshman year and went from being an outspoken, funny person to a quite kid who doesn't talk to anyone. It really wasn't even that bad at that time until I decided to go back to public school. I thought I was going to have such a fun time and I would start talking people again etc. turns out I was completely wrong. My two best friends that I had going there aren't even really my friends anymore and I just feel awkward with them. Every time we hang out they just treat me like and call me a and it never used to be like that. I also have no one to hang out with around my house to because the one neighbor/friend that I did have isn't my friend so I come home to an empty house everyday and smoke pot by myself then go to sleep. I love my parents but they are really strict and just don't realize I'm depressed. My grades in school started slipping and now they are kind of giving up on me and act really disappointed in me all the time. Not to mention one of the people I always felt comfortable in front of (my brother) is now in college and we never talk anymore. So now I just feel really lonely and think about suicide every day and sometimes write suicide notes but I never go through with it. I don't want to get help because I don't want people to think I'm crazy and I feel like I'm better then that. I really feel like I lost my great personality I used to have and I'm just scared to talk to people in general, especially women. The last time I kissed a girl was 7th grade and now I litterally talk to 0 girls. They show no interest in me whatsoever and I feel like . I can't even talk to my best friends and I feel worthless and ready to give up. I just don't no how every thing was going so good and now I'm some awkward kid with no friends and can't hold a conversation for . Even if girls try talking to me I just shrugg and make it awkward. I feel like I'm always the butt end of the joke and people see me as some loser. The funny thing is I have a job and I'm friends with everyone there and I'm just like how I used to be but besides work i have nothing. I don't even know what I'm asking or why I'm writing this its the first time I'm talking about this then some one other then myself. I just don't want to keep hitting rock bottom and feel depressed. If anyone can relate to this and understands what I'm going through please respond it will help a lot.

You were betrayed by someone you considered a good friend and you haven't gotten over it.

You have to realize that not everyone is the same and not everyone is out to get you or will deceive you. Somehow you must gain back the trust you once had for people your age. Aren't there groups in your school that you can join with kids of similar interests?

What about the people you work with? You said you get along with them. Why do you think that is? The fact that you get along with those people should tell you that you can make friends.

And asking for professional help is nothing to be embarrassed of. And it definitely does not make you crazy. Also, if you are at the point where you are thinking suicidal thoughts almost everyday, please get help soon. Talking to someone in a neutral position would help greatly. What about a school councilor?

Teen years aren't easy years, but many of us have survived them and have thrived greatly afterwards. What you have to seek within yourself is that person you were years before. Don't let one bad incident discourage you from making friends. There are good people out there, try and give them a chance.

Archived