Feel like I'm back at Day 1

vaw6

So, my ex and I dated for a year. We broke up a month ago on NYE. We havent had contact but I texted him about some clothes of his I had and planned to mail last week. He didnt respond. I was doing a lot better - getting out, doing things by myself and going to the gym about two weekends ago...I felt ok. This last week has been terrible especially the last two days. I dont know why I am so upset but its like I'm back at day one. It sucks. Its only been like 33 days but still sucks.

You feel sucky because you were hoping for a responce to your rather passive aggressive attempt at getting his attention and it failed.

Just mail his stuff and start doing total No Contact... that means in your thoughts as well. Soon as he pops into your mind, consciously change the subject of him to something else. Keep busy, hang with friends, take up a new hobby... all things that will give you something else to think about when he tries out for the starring role in the movie about him going on in your brain.

You'll feel better again tomorrow. One day at a time.

Im sorry you're feeling so crappy and i hope you can decide whether or not those clothes are worth your mental stability, yeah it sucks that he doesn't have them but i would just box them up and let them go, he can get some new ones! I've told this to a couple other people and i'll say it to you... Respect yourself enough to walk away from something that longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Archived