Reel in a 10/10 online...need help in proceeding

apetoape

Shes an absolute stunner, but what is she doing online? Sensing some baggage. Anyways heres the gist

-Shes 29 and the best looking girl I've ever reeled in ever (have to wait to see in person), and I'm 25

-She seems very smart and educated. High degrees and career focused

-I've been talking to her on OKC for about 2 weeks now, and each of her messages are essay length (at least 5 paragraphs a pop)

-My jokes and teases doesn't seem to work on her

-Got her number and secured a date for this week but we've still been using OKC to send messages since she writes so much

-Anyways, we have not decided the logistics of the date (where and time).

I have her number, and the date is Thursday...

ENT members, please advise me from here..Call? Text? I was just thinking of taking her to a bar and chat for a bit. Never dated an older woman, not sure what to expect.

Why are you taking her to a bar? use some imagination for your first date. Do something fun! Go for a picnic, walk through a museum, take the dogs for a walk so they get a date too. Go bowling, iceskating, rollerskating get some sketching pads and go draw something- you don't have to be good, just have fun. Some where to check her out and a bit of real interaction.

Bar = smokey, smelly others there to eye your date and try to distract her, think about it!!!

let us know how you do and if she does exist.

Have fun

Why are you taking her to a bar? use some imagination for your first date. do something fun! Go for a picnic, walk through a museum, take the dogs for a walk so they get a date too. Bar = smokey, smelly others there to eye your date and try to distract her, think about it!!!

let us know how you do and if she does exist.

Have fun

Oh I definitely will. It's on a Thursday night after work so I'm not sure what options I have besides - quiet bar, or restaurant. It's a first meeting so we pretty much have to be out in public. 20 F degree weather suggests we stick to indoor activities

Saw your update..bowling might work!

My advice is to just be your nice self & do not put on any airs for this girl.

Attractive girls are used to being fawned over & when they use online dating as a way to meet men it's because they're tired of being pawed @ in public.

That computer screen offers a bit of safety, you know?

THEY choose who THEY message whereas in public it can be hard for her to walk 2 feet without a catcall or some other approach.

I suggest keep it casual.

Also, please do NOT stick on the subject of being dumbstruck that a girl like her is on a dating site.

She's not God & she's probably not as perfect as you think.

Just have fun!

She is just human and to you she may be a 10 and to someone else a 0. It's all personal tastes and preferences, so don't idolize her.

Pick a good quality bar/restaurant - meaning quiet, easy to talk, nice ambiance, good drinks/food. Then relax and be yourself and for the love of....please no bowling on the first date. If you click, you'll have plenty of time for more active dates, assuming she would like that, but for that first meet, it's just a meet. Might be great and might not. Also, reduce expectations as your 10 might be just a super photogenic 5 in real life.

Maybe we are the ones being played?
I think that's where I'll place my bet.

In any event I'll still respond because its funny how he's gone to pieces before he's even met her.

Shes an absolute stunner, but what is she doing online? Sensing some baggage. Anyways heres the gist
Why don't you just handle it the same way you've managed to "reel in" say, a 5? *rolls eyes* You're losing your confidence just because she comes accross as a 10? pffft. I can tell you right now that if she is real (no indication thus far that she's not real but there's lots to indicate he isn't. ) then you're not going to last very long if you need pointers from strangers on what you should be doing.

Do yourself a favour. Pretend she's a 6 and take it from there. O.o At this point you should be with the thought process that you're the prize. You don't even know her except for the crap she's speeled forth in emails.

Take her to a quiet restaurant, you take her to a bar and every guy in there will be trying to get at her if she's as good-looking as you say she is. And attractive people also can have trouble meeting people, looks will get you only so far and then after that you still have to find someone to click with. I know from personal experience that being hit on all the time does not equal finding a good match, so yeah maybe for the sake of a benefit of doubt she's just someone who's more introverted and is trying something new.

Also it could just be you are being catfished, but you will only know that if you go to date her and she never somehow shows up. I say go for it and stop worrying about it, yes attractive women do use online dating all the time.

Since your age in the thread below from two weeks ago is 28, and your age in this thread is 25, I would make absolute sure that these girls don't know each other. As they say, "it's a small world."

]

Mis-typed. What does it matter? I'm actually an elephant looking for love.

Archived