Great first date - argh stressing?!

cblossom20

Hey everyone,Thought I would consult you guys about a date I had with somene this weekend. Met on Tinder, the guy is late thirties and we had a pretty amazing first date which lasted 8 hours in total. Met for a drink then ended up doing a walk by the Thames which led to dinner followed up with more drinks. It was great and we had loads in common, we also had a cheeky kiss and both confessed to liking one another. It was all very sweet. He asked if I would like to meet again during the week and I said yes. Then a little bit later on he has if I had plans the next day (was the weekend), it wasn't anything concrete but I was like ok sounds fun!He comes accross as a very genuine, honest guy - we're mates on Facebook too so I can see if seems to be decent guy.The next day he texted me in the morning with a lovely message asking how I am, I replied I'm good thanks.He said he wasn't too well as had a dodgy stomache from last night but that he still had a smile on his face from the night before with me. He asked if I would be free next week instead to go out.I'm not stressing too much as I feel like he was telling the truth but at the same time I've had a rubbish time with guys recently so I was worried perhaps he had a change of heart the next day and was letting me down gently. Even though we have agreed to meeting this week, we haven't agreed to a day so it's a bit well erm 'loose' - I think if he doesn't get in touch by tonight/tomorrow the latest I can assume no interest?This guy is great but possibly quite laid back? Not sure.

My feeling is he should have got in touch by now to arrange the 2nd date esp if its a mid week date? Heard nothing from him today at all. In the past guys ive dated have always messaged me most days to show their interest.

Thought!?

I agree with you that when someone is interested, he'll message you/call you..especially since you don't have any concrete plans for a second date. However, it's also your 'fault'...when he asked if you're free next week, you should have asked what day he meant. But not all is lost. Maybe he meant Friday and he plans to call you tomorrow. If he doesn't get in touch by tomorrow, I would assume he's not interested or he's not that interested.

Archived