question for women...and advice

MonteTy

I know this is weird but i wanted to ask women this. Would u rather have a period for 5 days and have low to no sex drive or have amazing sex whenever ur not on ur period?

Let me explain. My wife takes birth control that gives her a very low sex drive. And let me add we use condoms. We been married almost a year and we only have sex twice a month for the past 7 months. When she wasnt on birth control we had sex alot but since she been on the pill, there hasnt been that much sex.

She doesnt want to do the shot again cuz her period was on for a longtime and it made her period irregular. I know she hates her period but sex twice a month for a young married couple is kinda getting annoying. And also its almost impossible to get her in the mood while she has been on this birth control. I really dont know if im being selfish about this whole situation. Just want some advice.

Wow, well what if she gets pregnant...so you think she'll be in the mood more then? Not being harsh...but it's a legitimate question. Maybe Im weird, but sometimes Im more in the mood during that time, I've heard lots of women are, but it's hormonal. I do agree though that a newly married couple should have a more active sex life...what does she think about going off the pill?

This is not really about the pill v. sex drive, this is more about finding the right birth control/dosage where she doesn't get affected like that. Maybe find a different doctor? Some doctors are very stuck in their ways and what they will recommend or work with. So consulting someone else might be a good option.

I've never heard of low sex drive as a side effect for BC.

Are you sure that's not anexcuse?

I've known some women who go flat out bonkers because of the hormones or get strange almost prego cravcings, but I'venever hueard of the no sex drive...

I'm just saying I don't think it's the pill, I think it's something else & the pill is the perfect excuse.

I've been known to blame an absolute crazy thought or two on that time of the month haha

No there is no STDs. She just dont wanna get pregnant yet. Not until a 2 to 3 years from now. So does the pill make her sex drive low or no cuz im reading two different opinions.

Google her specific type of birth control and do some reading.

It may be, it may not.

Well, I am a woman, and have taken the pill, and it was drastic drop in sex drive. Can't you just use condoms for now then. The chances of her getting pregnant while using condoms correctly is like zero. A lot of times, people leave condoms in cold places, too hot places - I know you know how to use condoms, but for your wife's piece of mind, may be she didn't factor in that 2% is based on people using it incorrectly and are inexperienced with using them.

"High failure rates in some studies occur because many people over-report contraceptive use to shift the responsibility for an unintended pregnancy to a “faulty” contraceptive. Such over-reporting artificially inflates failure rates (Trussell, 1998). Condom failure rates are also inflated because some young people have been shown to inaccurately report condom uses, use condoms incorrectly, and respond to survey questions with what they perceive to be socially desirable answers (Rose et al., 2009). In fact, most people who use condoms do not experience breakage or slippage. Most condom failures occur among a minority of users because they are less experienced and/or less careful about using condoms than more successful users (Steiner et al., 1993, Steiner et al., 1994)."

So basically, that "2% failure rate" may be artificially inflated by false reports of condom use, and most condom failures happen to a small group of people who are not using them correctly (despite reporting "perfect" use). "

She should go back to the doctor and change pills. I never found the pill affectd my sex drive so its likely shes on the wrong one. There are a few different types so its worth changin. I was on one that made my mood very low and I changed to another and had no problem. If shes that afraid of gettin pregnant maybe the lack of sex is more psychological. I have rarely used two forms of protection. One should be enough because its not as easy to get pregnant as its made out to be.

Archived