I can't get her out of head...

There's this girl I dated for two months, everything was going great until I lied about something. I wanted to wait to tell her in person and she broke it off. But deep down inside, I feel like she and I are supposed to be together. I want her to be happy, even if it means I have to be miserable. I've gone on a couple dates and all I do is compare them to her. I can't stop thinking about her. She's in my dreams almost every night. I close my eyes and I can hear her voice. She meant so much to me and I had to screw it up.

If you've only dated someone for two months, you haven't been together long enough to know whether you've got a relationship or not. You're only just getting to know the person - as opposed to a rosy romantic glow which can never last. If you're this stuck on someone after such a short length of time, it's likely about something/someone else, or what the person represents.

Finding out what that is, and also WHY you had to screw it up - sabotaging your own relationship - are both questions which will really help with any future involvements.

In the meantime, if dating other people is only making you miss her even more, then stop. Spend a bit of time on your own and with your own interests until you feel ready to go again.

Take some time off of dating and focus your attention on why you would lie to someone that you would describe as "meant to be with you". Self-sabotage or what? Figuring that out will help you in your future relationships. As for this particular girl, you must know that once trust is damaged, there can be no relationship. If you lied to her 2 months in, she was right to take caution about that. You'll have to move on from her but can have a healthy future relationship once you learn more about why you sabotage your own happiness and stop doing it.

Archived