Met my ex while we both were drunk.

I am not quite sure why i write this post, i think i just need to get out with it and I often checked this forum 9-10 months ago when my ex and i broke up

My ex and I broke up almost a year ago, and were each others first love. We were together for over 3 years. after we broke up, we decided to stay on friendly terms, but it was hard after she found a boyfriend 2 months after the brake up. It was some hard months, being replaced so fast by the girl i loved for over 3 years, but after some time i moved on, and only had slight contact with her before Christmas and on her birthday.

Then yesterday I saw her with her boyfriend while i was partying with my friends. I really didn't want to talk with her, since her new boyfriend was there along with her. But eventually she came over and gave me a hug (her boyfriend were right next to us the whole time!!), and we just talked for a long time, and she just started to cry right in front of me and instincly i gave her a really really long hug. She started apologizing for finding a new boyfriend as fast as she did, and i just told her "I have always just wanted to see you happy, and if he makes you happy then it makes me happy..." (!?)

By saying that, she just started to cry even more, and then she started to go on about how she hopes i find a new girlfriend soon, and she hopes i can see why it didn't work out between us. Then i decided just to be honest with her and say "I don't want a new girlfriend and id rather wait to find someone special like you, and i do know why it didn't work out between us and i have never been more happy with my life than i am now"... Then we almost ****ing kissed (did i mention her boyfriend next to us!?)

Then i said the probaly said the most stupid thing ever "I know you had some difficulties when we were together, and if you ever have a hard time, and need somebody to talk with then let me know"

and that was about the time i got hit by the guilt from standing with my ex while her new boyfriend obviously were really confused about what was going on, so i gave her another hug and left. I would had been furious myself if my girlfriend, started to cry in front of her ex and apologizing for finding a new boyfriend, meanwhile they were hugging and almost couldn't let go of each other.

Sorry if it is confusing, i was really drunk, and english isn't really my natural language.

But why can feelings just "come out" again like that?! i think i'm over her, but seeing her give me the smile she has, just brought it all back.

If it makes you feel better, the new boyfriend is a rebound. Clearly in that moment she cared more about YOUR feelings than his. That's their problem to sort out, not yours.

You didn't help her cheat or have an affair. Her inappropriateness is on her.

If it makes you feel better, the new boyfriend is a rebound. Clearly in that moment she cared more about YOUR feelings than his. That's their problem to sort out, not yours.

You didn't help her cheat or have an affair. Her inappropriateness is on her.

I second this. I doubt he's really that invested anyway. He'll have seen this and realise he's got nothing on you but probably just tag along. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up clocking out and cheating on her.

Archived