WHy Can't I stop talking to him?

tanragagirl

That's love...especially for yourself. Its an unhealthy attachment that you are feeding by staying in contact with him. Instead of choosing the pain associated with being with him/talking to him, experience instead the pain of letting go. Its the healthier option. We all go through it. I'm sorry you're hurting.

*hugs*

Evertime we talk my depression gets worse and i get really sad. he makes me feel like a terrible person. I feel like cutting myself and I hate myself. But I love him and cannot let go.

You love him more than you love and care about yourself? Do you like the person you have to become in order to have him in your life?

When you begin putting yourself first, then no one, not even him, can ever make you feel anything you don't already give yourself permission to feel about yourself.

One day you will love yourself enough to not willfully subject yourself to this level of damage for the love of any man... or woman.

To answer your post question: I dare say it's because you want to talk to him because he will feed the negative narrative you have playing on continuous loop in your head. Your best bet is to talk to a therapist instead of him.

That's **NOT love...especially for yourself. Its an unhealthy attachment that you are feeding by staying in contact with him. Instead of choosing the pain associated with being with him/talking to him, experience instead the pain of letting go. Its the healthier option. We all go through it. I'm sorry you're hurting.

*hugs*

I meant to say "NOT" love....but I can't edit at this point.

I agree with "Change 'can't to won't and make a different decision'". Perfect advice.

Archived