Ex girlfriend says she wants to stay single for awhile?

Me and My girlfriend of 2.5 years broke up 4 months ago, things were getting horrible between us and we both realized the weren't working, but I was the one who broke up. We couldn't stop talking, we actually kept talking and texting throughout those 4 months, and would show affection many times, saying I miss you and I love you. we just stopped seeing each other. I noticed there was a guy she was hanging around with a lot, I asked her about if there's something between them, she said that he told her he likes her, that he's perfect for her and he treats her way better than I ever did, BUT she just can't be with him because she still loves me.

She kept sending mixed signals, that she wants me back, she kept initiating contact, but also would ignore me, but she showed that she still wants me, more than once, which encouraged me to ask her to get back together, but then she said I was too late, she can't do it, she just wants to move on. she told me she still loves me, but she can't do it, that she needs to be alone and single for awhile. Is there a chance? Is she sincere or she actually wants to be with him? Or is she already with him?

Does that mean there's something with that guy? Why were she trying to contact me all the time then if she just wants to move on? Why doesn't she want me back? What should I do? Should I just move on? Should I just cut all ties and never talk to her again? Help!

I was the one who broke up. [...]

I noticed there was a guy she was hanging around with a lot, I asked her about if there's something between them,

These two behaviors don't go together. When you break up with someone, you leave them alone so that both of you can put your eyes back on your own paper and grieve and heal.

Until you're willing to do that, you'll just keep ripping scabs from your wounds--and that's not how to heal, it's how you get infected.

You're broken up, which means what ever she does is on her and has nothing to do with you anymore, and what you do has nothing to do with her, as your path is now one that no longer intertwines with hers.

Whatever she says or does, that's her deal, and you need to get over dealing with it.

Archived