looking for somebody to talk too

longforgotten

Hi, glad you found enotalone. You do need to make a certain number of posts (I've forgotten how many, 5,9?) before you can private message. Please tell us what's going on, there are a lot of great people at enotalone, very caring, we're here to offer support. Again, welcome, and talk to us

hi.. well I started self harming again recently. It use to be my escape when I was younger and I cut almost everywhere on my body. I was doing good for a few years now I was in a relationship that kept me happy but then it went all down hill and I started cutting again.. a few weeks later I got laid off from my job and now im just lost. im going to be 27 this year.. I lost my job.. my ex gf cheated on me and broke my heart.. im just struggling to stay alive at this point. I may not make it to my 27th in july.

Dear longforgotten, sorry to hear that but I can understand as I used to self harm as well, mainly when I was feeling numb and powerless

You will find somebody much better than your ex, somebody who won't cheat on you and sure you'll get another job too, but you do seem to have a lot on your plate at the moment, I think you should keep posting on here and also are you able to see your GP and tell them your concerns and you're worried about how you've been feeling, then I guess that you will feel like you're doing something and taking back control

Good luck, I hope that you come back to post and you keep posting, Lady Dx

I hope you do make it to your 27th, and many more years to come because none of us should have to feel this way. I know when your in the moment, it feels like life just can't get any better and that you only focus on the negatives that are happening around you and that the positives are too little. I've been struggling too for a couple of years now too, I am a happy person on the outside, very bubbly. On the inside, most of the time I'm always wishing for a better life, always feeling so helpless, crying all the time, feeling no one cares.. It's very hard.. Have you tried anti-depressants?? They seemed to help me for 4 years, even though there were a few side effects I didn't like about them. I decided to stop taking them 2 years ago, and since then I've realized the change in me, I've become more up and down all the time and have very high anxiety. Thinking I should go back on them, but really not sure.

I think you should try your best to get back out there, and give it another go.. Don't give up just yet. Have a look for another job, somewhere that has a healthy and good atmosphere that will help to keep you feeling content throughout the day.. About your ex, I know you feel heartbroken at the moment and very hurt, which is making the depression a lot worse. Things will get better for you, I'm positive that there is a lady out there that would love to be with you, and make you the happiest guy in the world. This girl didn't treat you right at all, but that doesn't mean that every other girl will do that. You just haven't found her yet, but she's out there.

I hope the best for you!! Please keep your head up, because things do get better! Promise.

I lost 2 friends to suicide and know there is help for you to not feel this way. I would very much like to befriend you and talk with you whenever you feel up to that. But for now, please don't do anything harsh because, you matter and are loved. I want to wish you a happy 27th come this July. Dont give up...please.

t

Being unemployed can be really destabilizing. I think that you have to take it one step at a time. Right now it all seems so overwhelming because you lost everything at once. I can kind of relate to having an experience like that in the past. I think it's really important that you surround yourself with people who make you feel good about who you are, who respect you and believe in you. You're vulnerable right now and I think probably easily influenced in a destructive way because of that. Spending time alone is better than spending time with people who hold you back from where you want to be in life.

I hope you got a chance to read my other response too. I think it is important to have at least an hour or two of truly relaxing, fun time in your day. You aren't going to make good decisions if you are constantly down on yourself.

If you face your fears you'll know that all you can do in life is try to overcome them. You won't always be successful, but you'll always be growing and learning. The key is not to become one of those people who never seems to learn from their mistakes or always seems to have a huge blind spot when it comes to self evaluation.

What I learned from hitting rock bottom was that there was no where to go but up. I think you can eventually emerge from this as indestructible and strong person.

1. Break up your future plans into small, achievable steps. Never think too far ahead in the future when you're depressed.

2. Find a therapist that is aware of your future goals and will hold you accountable. That is really important, you need more than just a shoulder to cry on.

3. Believe in yourself no matter what. Know your weaknesses but love yourself.

4. Stay away from negative or manipulative people

You have all the time in the world to turn your life around. You really do.

Archived