Loving again

I'm sorry this question probably has been asked a million of times but it is 4 am and I'm feeling sad after my first break-up and knowing my ex is already in love with someone, I started thinking about my future partner and wonder if I will be able to love deeply again? It just seems so improbable that I will find someone again and love so deeply again. Are there any members who fell in love again and the love was as deep as the first one? Second question, is it ok to daydream about your future partner when healing? It sort of helps me not to think of my ex and his new love and makes me a bit hopeful. But how ironic would be if I spend time daydreaming and then didn't found anyone.

Yes it really does get better, I love this quote "Some day someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else". The perfect person will love you for all of you, all the good and all the bad. They will want to see you grow into a better person and love helping you along the way. Im going through a similar situation, my first love broke up with me and im feeling a bit lost but just know people really do care for you. If your confidence is feeling a bit shot let me just say this, You're the kind of person i hope to one day meet someone genuine who cares about making relationships work, i believe someday we will meet people like that and we will be happier then we could've ever believed.

I really can't say I like to think about my future lover. If there is a future lover anyway...

As much as I want my ex to call me and ask me back. As much as I want to love and be loved again, I'm nowhere emotionally nor mentally ready for that. Now if you will be able to love another person as much as you loved this one? It really depends on how much you're willing to search for the "right" person. There must be at least a million people in this world who are compatible with you and can make you happy. I like to think it's up to us to recognize these people and not set for less than we deserve/expect.

If you're dating someone and they have a flaw that bothers you to the point where you think "I wonder if I can live with this for another X years" then you probably can't.

I believe love is unconditional. Doesn't matter how many flaws the other person has, if you love them, YOU LOVE THEM. My first girlfriend cheated on me. That scarred me for life? Yes it did, but at the time I was capable of forgiving her entirely (we still dated 3 months before she simply took off the country without telling me).

So will you be able to love as much as the last one? You are capable to, yes, but will you want to?

I read somewhere that you may absolutely imagine how your future lover would be like and kind of make a pinboard (on the wall or an imaginary one in your mind) where you list all his/her traits, appearance, character and flaws maybe,.. Then you start to imagine having them in your life already and by doing this you're attracting them. I have to say it worked once for me but she's an ex now.

You should prob read about 'The secret'

Archived