my boyfriend gives attitude to me, what should i do?

iamminzy

I don't get it sometimes. I know I may not be perfect and I have flaws of my own. Like if I don't understand something, and I think I know what I am talking, he shuts me off and says forget it. I say what? why are you giving me attitude for? He says that i'm arguing with him. All I do is try to explain to him, but he completely shuts me of.

Last week, we went to eat ramen and i placed our names down on waitlist. He said wait I don't know what time our friends are coming. So I said call them then. The restaurant wasn't that busy but pretty full, and when I placed my name on the list I didn't expect the waiter to tell us our table is ready and I told him my friends are here yet. he told me that if someone is waiting he will have to give it to them. I said understand. I told my boyfriend and he was giving me attitude that I didn't listen to him and he was arguing at the door and I was embarrassed because I'm sure the waiter heard us. He said I told you to call them, but you didn't listen and placed our name on waitlist. I said I didn't know he would call our table that quick.

Then I went back in and sat down while he was outside. Later he was gone, so I was like forget this, Im gonna walk around and leave, then I saw him at the corner and we didn't really talk. Then he acts like nothing happened and told me to lets go back to the restaurant. I told him you're mad at me and his response was I didn't listen to him. I said you left me and you never told me to not put my name down on waitlist. As I tried to explain myself. He gets mad and says forget it!! and storms off. SO i was like ? So I ran away. I told him few weeks ago why I have trouble listening. I have a learning disability which makes it hard for me to process the information while others are very witty, Im not and it takes time for me to get stuff.

Later he called me and told me to walk back to the restaurant and I said no just leave me here. He says are you gonna walk home then. I said ok. He said fine then w/e and hangs up. he calls me again to ask me to come back and I said no i don't want to see everyone and all teary, I'll just stay here. he asked where I was and I told him and tells me to come back and I said no and he hangs up. Calls me one last time and he knew I would not walk back, so later he comes and finds me.

He still tries to argue with me and say that I didn't listen to him and that all I wanted to do was argue and give him attitude instead. I said no I did not try to argue. I was trying to explain that I did not understand; I didn't get that he didn't want me to not put the names on waitlist because he never said that directly. I told him i'm stupid that I'm not as bright and witty as everyone and that I need clarifications otherwise I won't get it. My brain processes information slower then him and i told him its not a big deal you know, just a name on the waitlist it can be fixed; just tell the waiter sorry my friends not here. No need to get mad at me that I did not listen to him and start a fight over it.

He usually gets mad and give me attitude that I don't listen to him and he overacts. Then after he overreacts and get mad at me, he starts to joke around and I'm like huh? What's going on, you're mad at me and then you're over it. I mean for a guy like him, he can really stir up some drama... Im a bit weary when he does this... it gets tiring and exhausting after awhile...

I always wondered myself why everyo ne is quicker to understand things than me now I get it. I also have the same problem as you I cant process information fast enough unless it involves math but I still have high grades. My mom and siblings always shout at me when I do something and say that is not what they wanted and im always left confused and I always assume I am stupid or something,.maybe I am. I think as a guy leave him because its not fair to you how he treats you even though you told him about your condition. I take his behaviour from my mom and other people everyday and its not cool but now its happening to you from your boyfriend. Thats not cool. You deserve better. If he doesnt like how you do things tell him to do it, it worked for me. If he still refuses leave his behind. But I get your situation, I can do almost anything myself but if I get told to do something I get confused.

you say you're the one that's stupid and slow.

From the way he's acting, anybody could feel that way.

Somebody should put a pacifier in his mouth to keep this manbaby from talking.

And you should buy yourself some steady boots that will keep you walking.

Away.

I agree with the majority of the posters. You guys are not compatible and you guys should end it.

Let me also add that self esteem and learning disabilities aside you both have totally different communication styles. You also both process your anger in ways that don't work either.

Archived