Going on a break

xoMariah

My so called partner has decided to tell me he wants to go on a break & try to be friends. I never been on a break but from seen experiences, I know that some get back together & others don't. I'm worried that we may only stay friends & I don't want that. Why is this in relationship conflicts? Because we have a HUGE problem; we don't text r talk that much to each other yet I love him deeply. We did communicate well in the past but something happened. So what is a break? How long does it usually last? How do I make him miss me before I miss him? thankss.

Tell him if he wants a break, that's up to him, and he can have the break. However, the choice of being friends is yours.

It sounds a lot like he is wanting to experience a bit of a single life, yet when he is bored of that he can come back to you.

If there is a chance of him missing you, and realising he is wrong then it would be to go no contact with him and move on. People go on breaks when the relationship is too intense, too many arguments, someone isn't sure how they feel anymore etc. Not because of a lack of communication - too much communication is usually the problem.

Your boyfriend just wants to string you along while he goes out and discovers other girls. When/if he gets bored, he'll come back to you.

I think sometimes boys have a very colorful way of explaining these things in order to keep us around. I think if he is the same age as you, at 16, it's natural to be curious and want to explore other aspects of teenage life rather than putting himself in a steady relationship so young. However, I would tell him to go have his break, but to not expect you to be waiting for him by the end of it. If he shrugs his shoulders and leaves, then he wasn't planning on coming back anyway

Archived