Dreams about exes

Had a really strange dream about my ex last night where he was with someone new and I woke up this morning devastated! I feel like it's kind of set me back a bit. Have other people experienced this? Very bloody annoying!!!

Yes, last night. I had 2 dreams about my ex and woke up upset. Had a few dreams about her in about as many days but before that, it had been months.

Yes I have had a couple of dreams about an ex in the last week and it is so annoying. In the dreams im still with him and something nice happens and then I wake up and remember we broke up. I dont know why hes poppin up in my dreams when wev been broken up a few weeks and I hardly ever think of him now except for when I have a dream. Its upsetting but dont let it set u back.

I think dreams are just a way of our subconscious trying to "hold on" or "let go".

The last 3 nights I've been having the same dream. I'm at her house and she keeps asking me "Why didn't you look for me? Why you didn't call?". These are the same things I keep asking myself. It's been almost 4 months since she broke up with me. X-mas went by, New Year and even my Birthday, and she didn't even send me a message.

Don't give it much attention. It can be literally anything. Your heart can be either trying to make you "suffer" more to forget faster or just to hold on to something.

Sometimes I dream about her but a couple a weeks ago I had a dream that made me a major setback.

I dreamt that she fell out of a building and saw her completely crush into the ground. Smashed. Next couple days I felt extremely attached to her.

Yeah I know the feeling wont last long, it just feels like my own mind is betraying me or something haha

That makes sense. To feel that way.

I suffered for years with really bad nightmares. So I got really interested in dreams. Started as my wanting to control not having such bad dreams. Developed into paying attention in general to what my dreams are telling me.

I think they are worth paying attention to when they have a strong emotional impact. That is the key thing to pay attention to, from my experience; the emotions behind it.

I see it as parts of you processing things that may not be in your conscious mind when awake, or maybe you suppress it, or try to ignore it. So it will keep popping up in dreams until you address it and resolve it.

Yours seem pretty clear cut. Normal feelings after a break up. It's just a reminder of where you are at; when you strip away everything you control in day to day waking life. Under the surface.

I don't believe in over analyzing dreams, but it can be helpful to pay attention.

hope you feel better soon.

Archived