Initial Impression Vs. Follow-Up Activity

coldheart

As people change every day, so do habits and tendencies. Add diverse personalities to the mix, and you sometimes feel you have to be a damn-near brain surgeon to figure out the next move. Long story short... I did something out of character the other day. I was waiting in the pay line at a store, and there was a very pretty girl about two persons in front of me, that would turn around and make eye contact a few times as she got closer to the register. I grabbed a piece of paper from a sweepstakes fill out form on top of the candy shelf, and wrote her a short and silly note with my number, then dropped it in her purse without her noticing. When it was my turn to check out, about 5 minutes had passed since she left. When I finally started walking to my car, I noticed her in her car parked up front of the store and she smiled. I approached her and she smiled and I told her to pull in to a nearby parking spot which she gladly agreed to. We had a very connecting, engaging conversation. I could tell we were both very interested and excited at meeting someone new in a strange way, yet connected so well.

I eventually told her something witty that made her laugh right before I said "I look forward to talking to you again, and I'll see ya later". As I rode home, I had totally forgotten that I did not have her number, she had mine. In most cases where the girl chooses to do this, it usually means you are SOL... I still had my doubts, but didn't put too much mind towards it. Sure enough not even 24hrs later I get a text from her saying "Hi this is "_ _ _ _" and it was really nice meeting you yesterday. From there, texting has been very "short and sweet" from her part, so I naturally adjusted my gas pedal and just kept the ping pong technique of texting only when it's "my turn"... Anyhow... The last time I heard from her was Tuesday morning so I am not sure if she is waiting on me to show initiative, or if I just simply need to play some sort of a 'time game" to get her to miss me a bit in order for her to text again. I know this sounds like a very repetitive, billion-dollar question, but can some of you pitch in on what should be an ideal "next move" for me? Thanks for taking the time to read this long post, as I am really interested to get to know this girl.

Regards,

-CH

....the weekend is coming up and you haven't asked for a date.....so yeah, the texting will stop as she is probably not looking for a text buddy. Your next move should have been to arrange a date and is still the only move available to you that might get a response from her.

Good reply. I guess I left a few details out. We met on a Thursday night, and her text came in on a Friday. Saturday afternoon I invited her to brunch, but she said was working although she would of loved to. (No clues, hints, or context on when she would be able to though). So it was kind of like a dead rain check. I kind of want to text her again and "check in" with something funny or witty to break the ice, but I don't know if she is just busy. I did notice however, that when She texts, and I delay a little bit, she "double dribbles" as I like to call it (texting twice before receiving a reply to the initial text). Thoughts?

If you play the waiting game she'll probably not miss you. Instead she'll think you'r playing the 'wait and she'll miss me game'. Then she'll lose interest because the whole thing lost momentum and died a terrible death.

If you're interested in a woman and she reciprocates, ask her out. It is just that simple.

Archived