Is it normal to miss...

El0t

I was in a 2 and a half year relationship, which I ended because I felt that we both weren't sure of what we wanted and needed to end before things got bad between us and we resented each other. It was one that we were both very serious about; family, friends; colleagues all expected it to last... indefinitely. That was almost 7 months ago.

At first, I obviously had doubts, but I came to peace with it and started seeing someone else about two months ago. This person is fantastic, but recently I've been deeply missing my ex and our relationship... is this normal, or should I be concerned that it means something other than "I miss someone who was a huge part of my life"?

Trying to keep it short. Let me know if more detail is needed. Thanks for any input on the matter!

Sure it's normal...

depending on whether you are truly over it or not... sure it's just like anything in life. Sometimes you have a flashback to being in grade school, and miss those friends, the playground, etc... think back to high school, think of fun times there... it's normal to think back to a past relationship and remember a fun time in a vacation... even though things didn't work out...and it went to crap. It doesn't mean your mutual vacation wasn't fun, I just wouldn't dwell on it! Your next vacation can be more fun, just keeps eyes forward and carry on You are still filling in the space of missing that person

Archived