Possible People Pleaser Induced by Controlling Mother

Balance

These are the facts that have me suspicious. Again I am in the relationship and that can create bias. Therefore I am listing the acts of reality.

1.) My partner was at age 30 last year and last year. That summer:

His mother busts open the front door. Stomps her way to his bedroom while he is asleep and screams at him. She also kept calling him a freak.

His mother gets angry when he does things without her knowing.

2.) He lives about four miles from her.

3.) He visits her several times a week.

4.) He goes to see her on his lunch breaks a few times a week.

5.) They text and or call each other everyday.

6.) He points his finger (index) at people and or when he talks just like his mother.

7.) If I am not perfectly happy and fit the perfect picture; he gets angry and frustrated.

8.) He exclaims that he wants to make me happy all the time.

9.) He does not know how to cook for himself and he often eats at his mother's.

10.) His younger brother still lives with him.

11.) He takes it personally and gets angry and frustrated when I mention that he steps over my boundaries for secretly recording me and or when I want some time alone to focus on work or writing.

11.) He takes it personally and gets angry and frustrated when I mention that he steps over my boundaries for secretly recording me and or when I want some time alone to focus on work or writing.

All I can say is he is a weirdo/freak for recording you. Also sounds like he is a Mamma's boy and hasn't cut the strings yet and needs to tell his mother to get stuffed and mind her own business.

He doesn't exactly sound like the catch of the century, are you sure you want to be with him?

Wowsers....You MIGHT be able to do worse with finding someone else (doubt it) but you sure as HELL can do a LOT better than HIM!

There's a saying out there in the world...you don't just marry the guy...you marry the family. I wouldn't want to be stuck with HIM or HER for the rest of my life.

And secretly recording you is just plain SCARY!

I'm usually not one to tell people to jump ship.....but PLEASE bail as soon as you can!!! Tomorrow???

1-10 - he is a momma's boy by choice. People with suffocating parents move far away instead of buying a house in the neighborhood. This is who he is, this is their toxic relationship. It is not going to change and attempt by you to get between them will be quickly crushed. Can you live with that?

11 - now that is just bat shiite crazy. He is not a people pleaser he is a control freak and a potential abuser in the making if not already there depending how far the "he gets angry" escalates or may escalate in the future.

Ditto on, why are you with him???

Archived