Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

junebug123

My friend was telling me about how he was meeting all these girls on okcupid. I thought about it but never bothered to add a picture or finish my profile until the other night. I was a little drunk and bored so i figured why not. After adding 3 pictures i start browsing through some of the females, I start noticing something which is strange to me. I don't find these women attractive at all . . .

I know this isn't like a celebrity catalog or something but as i am going through all of these profiles i am seeing maybe like 1 - 15 or 2 - 15 which i would consider dating. I think i stayed up from about 3 - 5 in the morning just click, click, click, scan, click, click, click. One of the two girls i messaged actually looked at my profile, its safe to say that she won't be messaging me anytime soon.

I think women are just as picky, i mean what do you have to loss on these sites anyways. I thought to myself, i find women in person to be more attractive than many of these women who are creating profiles on this server. Maybe, i think that my friend has been dating ugly women or something because he claims to have gone out on at least 7 - 8 dates in the 3 months since he has joined the site. To be honest, i think he spends a lot of time on these sites because i am trying to find out how he finds someone who he thinks is attractive and actually likes him back.

Also, he claims that many of the dates he went out on, were ones where the women actually messaged him.

Guys, have you had any success on in this, if so can you please share, maybe you can give me tips about what i am doing wrong or if i am setting my expectations too high.

Online dating in NYC... not that good. My charm, even game, had to be on point so much just to land the date. I usually do wait for them to message me first, they are usually the woman who ignore all messages and do their own hunt.

Just keep in mind, nyc women online are super picky... even women who are not picky in real-life become super picky online.

Strangely enough, i've been doing some research into this whole situation and realized that many of the men aren't that attractive either. I created another profile with a female account just to see what i have to compete against. Today, someone actually messaged me back, funny how exciting that is. To be honest, i am not a big fan of the online thing either but a lot of my friends have been saying it is becoming more and more common now a days.

I think like 4 or 5 years ago the trend was weird and unfamiliar to many people and many were uncomfortable with meeting people via online, but after hearing all the success my friend has had i decided to give it a go. I feel like, there isn't much to lose and it really depends on which sites you go to. I know that with POF i had virtually no success, i feel like that site was just made poorly and for some reason i never knew what was going on or why no one ever viewed my profile at all. On this other site, i have had already like 3 - 4 profile views and it has only been 2 days.

I am not sure what sort of algorithms they are using here in terms of the searching, how people pop up, whether members have more privileges but if my friend could date that many people (he claims he even got laid), well i figured i should give it a go as well.

Oh ho.. on making the female account curiosity got the better of you there and right off a hit. Female is the worm of choice w/ online fishing lol. If you want to do it and give a try why not nothing to lose if the site is free but when you have to pay then there is something to lose if nothing becomes of it. Don't people get laid off craigslist or used too ..for that fact they got murdered as well, eeks. Not saying that happens off legit sites though. Have fun.

Oh ho.. on making the female account curiosity got the better of you there and right off a hit. Female is the worm of choice w/ online fishing lol. If you want to do it and give a try why not nothing to lose if the site is free but when you have to pay then there is something to lose if nothing becomes of it. Don't people get laid off craigslist or used too ..for that fact they got murdered as well, eeks. Not saying that happens off legit sites though. Have fun.

Well, now that you mentioned it i actually got laid off of craigslist. It actually took me a really long time with all the spam mail i was getting and sorting through, etc. etc. One of co-workers actually met his gf through that site as well. I think these things don't really pay off in the long run though but for those who can succeed in the virtual world, props i guess.

Archived