Getting mixed signals from a woman I'm going out with on Friday

Mark552010

I had a month long seasonal position at Barnes and Noble in December. There, one of my coworkers was a very pretty 40 year old who was going thru a divorce. On my first day, she complained to me about how ty her husband is, and that she can't wait to move out. I figured I was the new guy, and she was just telling me things, and didn't read much into it.

But then, we started talking more, and I mentioned to her that I recently dated a 42 year old. After that, whenever she and I were alone (stock room or break room) she mentioned how she wants to go out and meet younger guys, and she's entering cougar age. I figured this was a hint?

On my last day, I got her number, but she didn't seem too thrilled at the idea. I texted her anyways, and she seemed very excited to meet up.

We are meeting for lunch on Friday. When we were making plans, she texted me saying this: "I'm looking forward to seeing you, be prepared I have a lot of questions. I have a curious mind. "

I am confused at her mixed signals. It seemed she wasn't really down to meet me until we started texting. Any thoughts?

She is in the middle of divorce and doesn't know whether she is coming or going. When you get on a roller coaster ride like that, expect exactly what you are getting - hot, cold, confusing, etc.

What do you expect to get out of this is a better question? If it's just a date and maybe some casual fun, carry on and have fun and don't take anything seriously. If you are seeking a serious relationship, you are in a for a world of pain in a situation like that.

with our age difference and with her just coming out of a divorce, does she just want sex?

lol....who knows....maybe or maybe just to mess about with your head (not the lower one)....or maybe just amused and curious at large... The only person who knows what's going through her mind is her.

You really only have two options - go have fun and see or bail out.

Interesting to read your comments about a woman going through a divorce and those feelings that you are getting mixed signals. It explains a lot to me regarding the early days in my own situation. I stuck in there and although we do not have the age difference it was (if I am totally honest) a mistake. Be very clear in your mind what you want from this and do not allow yourself to get sucked in because you will get hurt and this kind of treatment will continue. You may well become relegated to the friend zone very quickly in spite of your better judgement. At present she is clearly flattered I would imagine and this is refreshing diversion for her.

I think she may just want to ask questions...like she said. Who knows? There have been a few guys who emailed me and wanted to see if i liked 'younger' guys. Or they would say, i always wanted to be with a 'much older woman'....and i'd email them back and say, thanks for the 'much older'...duh

Anyway....the few guys that DID do the 45-55 yr. old thing...and they were in their 20's..they had a GREAT time. They told me the women had no expectations...and it was great fun.

I told them i couldn't do that...I'd probably get attached...and i had a son who was 24....lol

Actually, the guy i was thinking about seeing was 36...i was 57. But he had the fling with his mom's friend when he was in his 20's and wanted to 'relive'

that experience! Oh MY!

Even tho he was funny, or thought i was.....we only had an off and on txt fling, and he would never meet! eh. .......:stupid:

Archived