Always feeling like I can't do anything.

defendpoppunk

I always get this feeling that I can't get myself to do anything. I have periods of where I cant get myself to leave bed and all I want to do is watch TV. Things that cause this is stress from school and my own fear that my bf doesn't care as much as normal. Sometimes I skip class now because I would rather sleep during the day and that I'm getting nothing out of it, because I'm not that good at any class. I feel like I have a hard time getting people to really like me and that makes me want to stay home more. I'm not happy with the way that I look I always feel like I'm not good enough and I don't even know how to make it better. I'm so worried I will never find a job, every time I look I don't find anything that I think I can apply for. My parents are really messed up and some many bad things have happened that I know that I wont be able to have them to my graduation or have a graduation party or have them at my wedding if I ever get married one day. My body is in pain everyday and i have pain in my knees and whats called slipping rib in my back and that makes me want to do less each day. I just feel so broken and like i will forever feel this horrible.

Therapy. Go to it.

It sounds like you may be depressed, and talking to a neutral person who can help you work through it (and/or prescribe a cocktail of meds to help you through it) will be beneficial for you. Even if you're NOT depressed... they may be able to help you pinpoint why you're feeling a lack of ambition and what you can do to boost it.

This definitely sounds like depression, or at least you have gotten yourself stuck into a spiral that is much easier to slip further down into than to drag yourself back up.

I go through stages like these, and the longer I am in this "spiral" the harder it is to reach up and get out.

For some reason, asking loved ones for help or telling people how you feel seems impossible, but it does actually help. Not that you should depend on the people around you, because part of getting up and out again is on you, but simply knowing that you're loved and thought about definitely helps.

Socially, if you are trying to get people to like you then it often shows and can result in the opposite effect. You should never have to "get" someone to like you. It was soon after I stopped doing this, and began to eat lunch on my own (instead of trying to get the other girls to like me) I actually met real friends who liked me just for who I was.

Your sleeping pattern needs to change as well, somehow. Sleeping at night and being awake during the day makes a huge difference, as well as getting you to school on time and letting you focus. If you're used to the opposite then it might be hard to change this at first but it is worth it in the end.

Therapy will do you wonders. Ask at school if there is a school therapist or go outside of school to find one that suits you. They will be able to talk you through why you are feeling like this and give you ways you can improve on feeling depressed or anxious.

Remember that mental health is just as important as physical health. The sooner you recognise signs or symptoms of a physical illness you generally go a doctor so you don't have to suffer anymore. This is also the same as your mental wellbeing.

When you are feeling worthless, alone, hopeless, and unmotivated these could very well be symptoms and going to see a professional is the best way forward.

Archived