Do you believe in soul mates or twin flames?

JA0371

I have heard tons of stories of love at first sight. Or someone meeting their 'twin flame'...I guess that moment where lightening strikes and you just KNOW you've met 'the one'. I've heard it can happen more than once in a lifetime.

Has this happened to anyone before? If so, what was your experience?

I don't believe that we have just one person that is... whatever you want to call it.

I think we have... soul compliments? We aren't incomplete in and of ourselves; but there are those who compliment us in specific ways and during specific times that enables us to grow and realize our potential.

^ I agree with "soul compliments".

What do you call those things where it is the total opposite, the whole thing is just so destructive that it forces you to self-examine and grow? Obviously not a compliment, lol...But, brings forth a lot of growth. Soul...destroyers? Yet not?

When lightening strike... and u meet someone and u both fall for each other, i dont think thats love at first sight. thats just lust at first first.

This is coming from my exp... because of how i was raised and taught due to my own customs and cultures. I believe one person does have more than one soul mate.

Soul mate is someone who connects with you emotionally, mentally, physically (most times means sexually) and spiritually... they empathize with you and u empathize with them. The idea behind more than one soul mate is because the world/creator understands that you/soul mate or both can be emotionally overly draining which kills the flame... so when that happens, there is another soulmate for you waiting BUT we only get a few soul mates in one life so you are supposed to learn how to keep the flame alive.

I don't believe in soul mates.

And I think twin flames is a ridiculous concept. It's an excuse for people to define their "it's complicated" mess of a relationship as something fated.

Twin Flame stories I've heard usually involve lots of a drama and some external reasons why they can't "be together". Call me a skeptic but I don't believe.

The second I met my husband I knew he would be the one I would marry. It was like being struck with a bolt of lightning and I just knew it! A voice inside my head said he was the one.And here we are a few short months from our 20th anniversary. We have been together a total of 25 years. We really complement each other in a lot of ways.

I'm with Iggles on this one. Actually, I used to TOTALLY believe in soulmates. I still believe they exist but not in the context most of us think of it.

I personally believe that soulmates are people we choose to be with, not necessarily the "best" person to be with or the most compatible. The term alone is very antiquated and inaccurate in my opinion.

Not because I don't believe in love or I'm bitter or anything like that...I just think the term 'soulmate' limits things, at least in our minds. I also don't like the term because I believe if someone thinks they've found their soulmate that they must cling to them no matter what...and this can be very dangerous. My opinion.

I think that once every so often, lust at first sight actually pans out and turns into love as there is actual compatibility beyond lust. However, it's a bit like winning the lottery - some people do, but odds are it won't be you.

So no, I don't really believe in soul mates or love at first sight. Just luck that your object of lust turns out be compatible in other ways as well so you can look back and claim that it was golden from the moment you saw each other. It kind of was, but it kind of wasn't.

I can't really buy into the concept. I've had someone I felt very, very strongly drawn and attached to, "lightning bolts" if you will, but I think if I decided he was the one and now that's it for me, that would be a sad life to live. Thinking I lost my chance and I'll never feel that way again...Yeah, I agree it is limiting and I also think it's dangerous because we had a really intense on and off relationship.

And I'll go with soul oppressors.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the difference between soul mates and twin flames? Not even sure what twin flames is ...

A soul mate is who you meet on your journey who you learn your lessons from/with ...it is still that mind blowing unity of two people who think they have met "the one" be it friendships or romatic relationships ..but soul mates are only there for you both to learn , whatever the content of that is ...and as always everyone is unique , our learnings are unique so our lessons are also unique .

It is said that once you have learned all you need to you will then be ready to meet your twin flame ...this is the other half of your soul . a soul mate isn't .

For me it was not about lust at all. The voice in my head said I would marry him, not he was the one to......

Ya, I know couples who had the exact same experience, and it was mutual! The romantic in me believes it can happen, but the cynic in me questions it. I'm more a romantic than cynic though so...lol

The voice in my head said the same thing, yet I didn't. So if it's successful, it's a soulmate, if it isn't, it's...A failed relationship? Madness?

yes you wonder how many lessons there are to learn hey cheet hahahaha oh god why am I laughing !! ha

Tell me about it, Les!!

Archived