Thinking about Trying Online Dating Again

Bigdave117

I'm in my late 50's....REALLY LATE...just had a birthday!!!!! ugh

I am 29, but when I'm clean shaven, people think I'm 23-24. Not so much in my avatar pic (which I think looks about my age), but in my profile pic here...hopefully having a "baby face" will be of value as the dating game starts to swing in MY favor as I approach my 30s!

I was running dry online and i asked a friend (notagoodninja) to look at my profile. She picked pics of me that didnt make me look like a playa (because apparently my eyes and face screams playa), i changed up something i wrote where i like horror movies and i like to visit creepy places (because women online love to judge apparently), and i change the age requirement to higher because she said women will judge if i start at 18 (thats the default anyway). Over the weekend my inbox exploded.

And yes, the really super hot-women get their inbox flooded that they think they can wait for brad pitt. They wont settle for less if each time your little message is drowned by 80 others, you need to stand out from those who stand out that she will look up your message through 80 others. But, too bad the brad pitts are looking for angelina jolie, and everything after her is just few a few nights.

I notice the super hot-women i need to keep messaging because they "forget". While those just above average that i click with are on top of my messages. I dated a super hotwoman whos inbox recieved 100 messages a day or more - and i had to keep messaging her even when she ignored most, eventually i got her number (she squeezed me in when her brad pitt let her down), i charmed her on the phone so much she went gaga (im actually a very funny guy and good with my words), she liked my look, and we dated. The relationship wasnt worth it... but the sex was wooooooooooooooo woooooooooooooooo wooooooooooooooooooooo

All of you are good looking people, even BigDave.

I'm a nerdy, half-asian dude with glasses. Some people call he "hipster" but I don't think so. I don't have any tattoos and my jeans, while are of a skinnier cut, aren't "skinny".

fifregister helped me re-do my profile but she couldn't see my pics. would anyone on here volunteer to take another gander at my profile?

sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread, BigDave.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Super hot isn't necessary, just somebody moderately attractive is good enough. Most of the women I see near my age group around here look pretty good

Unfortunately, online... being superhot is a state of mind and not so much what they offer. You'd be surprised how big some peoples head get when they are online.

All of you are good looking people, even BigDave.

I'm a nerdy, half-asian dude with glasses. Some people call he "hipster" but I don't think so. I don't have any tattoos and my jeans, while are of a skinnier cut, aren't "skinny".

fifregister helped me re-do my profile but she couldn't see my pics. would anyone on here volunteer to take another gander at my profile?

sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread, BigDave.

I am happy to help deejay! I know I have to respond to your latest PM and I will shortly!

The pictures and the profile are both of equal concern to me. Like I said, I'm a fluent writer and I have a good sense of humor in real life but I can't do humor online

I bet your profile was why you didn't have success before. I've noticed that your posts come accross as quite serious, almost grim. No joking, no light-heartedness. Read ND40 & MCJD's posts. Do you see how the "tone" of them is quite different from yours? They strike me as guys you could hang out with, have a beer, chat, laugh, etc. Your posts have a serious tone, with an undercurrent of anger in some cases. I think it's what you will need to work on- with your initial post and in communicating with girls online.

Unfortunately, online... being superhot is a state of mind and not so much what they offer. You'd be surprised how big some peoples head get when they are online.

I would probably date 40-60% of the women I see nearby just based on pure appearance

the numbers game is good in that regard. There are probably 800-1000+ women nearby who I would be open to dating

Yep, she went through her whole list to find you.

And dude, most women i dated friggin hated cats, lol.

I would totally get a dawg (said in NY accent)...but I just dont have time for one! I love animals though. Is this why you wont get a cat? hahaha!

The girl with the kid I was dating hated cats, but she said she made an exception for me. Go figure.

Online is vicious bro. Sometimes i ask for more pics and i see what they look like, or i see their facebook - and i stop texting them. Thats the nature of online dating. Its happened to me when i sent a pic of myself to someone, she stopped messaging me because im pretty sure i was posing (i had a shirt on though) and i had my hat backwards - even though i told her all i have is posing pics and i dont take selfies.

Guys are just as cut-throat as women when it comes to online, even if we dont get a 100 messages a day like most women. If you want it to work, you have to offer more than a pretty face- and have a pretty face, lol. The girl im chatting with told me shes a homebody and loves sci fi and geeky stuff, shes not the hottest girl that messaged me - but i am going full-force with her- charm at 100% and she has all my attention.

I would totally get a dawg (said in NY accent)...but I just dont have time for one! I love animals though. Is this why you wont get a cat? hahaha!

The girl with the kid I was dating hated cats, but she said she made an exception for me. Go figure.

Dogs >>> Cats all day

I wish I could get a pitbull, love pits. They can be so beautiful like this one here

image removed

Haven't read your whole thread but why not try online dating you never know where you'll find love and your one you could spend the rest of your life with. Look over successful profiles on various sites and get some ideas on what to say on your profile obviously make it all true because you'll be meeting these ladies at some point and put a variety of pics up that show off what you love to do and your personality. GL hope you find some nice people.

@MCJD4ever. Wait you have a cat? My cat is looking for a boyfriend. Is it a handsome male?

At BigDave117 - 40-60% of the women you meet you would DATE? OH MY LAWDD. Then why even online date?

No I said based on pure appearance, I would date 40-60% of the young women online (as well as IRL). Most people here are attractive

Obviously a lot of those are not going to be great GF material but we were talking strictly about the physical aspects

And I am doing OLD because I don't meet any women in my day to day life and I dunno if I have any faith in the cold approach

Nah, i like all animals. I love animals more than people, i am part of a bunch of animal support groups online. But i dont like strange dogs approaching me, i usually stare down the owner when this happens. KEEP YOUR DOGS LEASHED IN NYC!

Nah, i like all animals. I love animals more than people, i am part of a bunch of animal support groups online. But i dont like strange dogs approaching me, i usually stare down the owner when this happens. KEEP YOUR DOGS LEASHED IN NYC!

I love strange dogs approaching me, especially when they are pitbulls, rottweilers, huskies or german shepherds

Same here bro. I also like em more than people. I donate every month to ASPCA. I love animals. When I get a house, I want both dogs and cats.

@fifregister - my cat is unfortunately a female She's the nicest cat I've ever come accross though. She comes when I call her and plays fetch and everything. Serious.

chraystayna? LOL... guys are so judgmental online.

Lol no, I said that because that's how your username sounds to me in my mind because of the "8's" in it I dont think you're crazy, I dont know you! lol

Everyone on ENA thinks I'm Michael Jackson!! They leave out the "C" and think I'm "MJ." lol

Archived