Any stories?

JesseN

Sure can, I'm an example of that. I just recently reconnected with my ex and I feel so much closer to her now than I ever did, and I didn't think it would work out. I just posted an update the other day so scroll down and look for a post by me titled "Seeing the ex" and you can read all about it. (I would post the link here but it says I can't.) I just posted an update on Sunday so go check it out!

I broke up with my ex boyfriend TEN years ago. We were college sweethearts and lived together; almost got engaged. He reached out a few years ago and now we're friends. But I am not interested in ever getting back with him.

This is an example of how things WORKED OUT. We were NOT meant to be together and I see it more clearly than I see the sunshine on a warm New York spring day. He's tried and tried to get back together and I thank the stars that we broke up when we did, even though it broke my heart. That was when I first joined this forum and I cried til there were no more tears left. But it was one of the best things that ever happened for me.

You have to define what "works out" means. A reconciliation is not necessarily what you think it means. Trust me. I believe that the universe may not deliver what you want, but always what you need.

Sure can, I'm an example of that. I just recently reconnected with my ex and I feel so much closer to her now than I ever did, and I didn't think it would work out. I just posted an update the other day so scroll down and look for a post by me titled "Seeing the ex" and you can read all about it. (I would post the link here but it says I can't.) I just posted an update on Sunday so go check it out!

I most certainly well read your update! Thank you!

Dated for 4 months when we were 18. Knew each other as friends for two years before that. Broke up with him after he stood me up visiting me for V-day down in college. He found me on Facebook 14 years later, and now happily married with a rambunctious almost 2 year old boy.

That is very sweet how you are now married, and have a baby boy! Very happy for you both. Thank you for sharing!

Not for me personally... but one of my aunts and uncle were together, split up for a few years in their 20's he was in the navy and doing lots of Natos then she said so they drifted apart and met up quite a few years later at a common friends wedding and chatted and realized, "hey, I still have a lot of love for this person and I really missed having them in my life" and 1 year later they got married and never parted and are still in love and happy. They give me hope.

Not for me personally... but one of my aunts and uncle were together, split up for a few years in their 20's he was in the navy and doing lots of Natos then she said so they drifted apart and met up quite a few years later at a common friends wedding and chatted and realized, "hey, I still have a lot of love for this person and I really missed having them in my life" and 1 year later they got married and never parted and are still in love and happy. They give me hope.

That is very sweet!

Archived