Not sure what to do

ranger

So I've been texting this girl I met at a party a week ago, and I'm pretty sure she's interested in me. We were texting everyday since friday, mainly because she would stop responding late at night, like 11-12pm and then pick back up the next morning. Her texts were fairly long in response to whatever I said or asked, and usually making jokes. Sometimes she would respond in 5-10 mins, and sometimes in 1-2 hours.

Last night, I decided to ask her out. We were talking and joking around through texts so eventually I asked what her schedule looked like and if she'd like to go see a movie one night. A few mins later, she responded saying the days she was off, and the two days she had to work and carried on a joke from my last text. I was busy at the time at the time she texted, so about 30 mins later, I asked if wednesday would be good for her, and commented on her joke. I never got a response, so its been about a day now.

Something I wanted to add...On saturday afternoon while texting, she just stopped texting during our conversation and then picked back up on it sunday afternoon, and included that she thought she text me back (on saturday). The thing is, that she didn't have to respond back, as that message, and probably half of all our texts didn't have a question. So she actually wanted to keep it going...none of her texts were short or sounded uninterested, and always replied to every text I sent.

So I'm wondering what I should do at this point. I've read around a good bit before posting this, but everybody seems to have their own opinions on what to do in this situation. The fact that she actually told me her schedule for the week with the days she wasn't busy and carried on a joke after that has me confused why she didn't reply after that. She could have easily said she had a busy week or something. It makes me wonder if she even got that last text I sent. Also, I realize some of you might say I should be calling her instead of texting. I agree it would be so much easier and quicker to get an answer, but that's the way our generation is. (I'm 24 and she's 20)

Ideas? Opinions? Maybe i'm missing something here.

...if you want a date, then ask her for a date....if you want a random text buddy, you got that already. On a Saturday night she either went out with friends or out on a date with a guy who can ask for one.... Ask her out and don't beat around the bush for a whole week chit chatting looking for some divine sign that you should proceed beyond inane texting convos..... From the female perspective, that kind of stuff gets real old real fast. Guys who ask, get the date. It's really not that complicated.

...if you want a date, then ask her for a date....if you want a random text buddy, you got that already. On a Saturday night she either went out with friends or out on a date with a guy who can ask for one.... Ask her out and don't beat around the bush for a whole week chit chatting looking for some divine sign that you should proceed beyond inane texting convos..... From the female perspective, that kind of stuff gets real old real fast. Guys who ask, get the date. It's really not that complicated.

I'm not sure you read everything. I did actually ask her out.

Well I texted her today to see if she got my text the other day. She said she did but was half asleep and forgot to text back (which seems unlikely if she was really interested), And then went on to confirm the day I asked her out on is good (which is wednesday), then asked if there was any good movies out. She was a little flirty in the text as well. I text back with a couple movies and said a couple other things...and then nothing. Its been about 5 hours now and she still hasn't said anything back.

She has completely confused me. I don't understand why she would go along with it, sound completely interested, and then go silent. But, at this point, i'm done trying with her. If she's still interested, which doesn't seem likely, it's gonna be up to her at this point. Am I right about this?

I'm also a part of your generation (I'm 19) And even I say it's probably better to call her or ask her out in person. It's way easier to pick up on subtle verbal/body language cues that way so there would be much less vagueness. Also, in person she would have to answer right then and you wouldn't be wondering if she even got your message right now. It might even set you apart from other guys if you have the confidence to call instead of text.

I just in general feel like it's way more rewarding and people seem much more interested in person because you can actually hear their tone of voice. And it's much easier to seem funny in person, or to seem more attractive. So if possible, maybe you should try to limit the texting conversations and have more phone/face to face interaction.

And I actually have done the thing that she said happened (seeing a text message but forgetting it happened because I was half asleep). I might really want to talk to the person or be enjoying talking to them and want to respond, but I can't help just falling asleep.

Archived