Why is he tagging me in old photos?!

Forever1809

Me and my ex of nearly two years broke up in November and have been no contact for four weeks now ( he initiated the break up although I would still love to give things another shot, there's more I go in other posts I've made) today however he tagged me in two pictures of me and him from over a year ago on Facebook. I was completely in shock as I haven't used Facebook in a while and the thing I expected to see was his name. Any ideas what this could mean?! Surely if you've ended a relationship you wouldn't actively make photos of your ex appear on Your Facebook?!

I also think it's a sign he's missing of you and for some reason wants you to know (hence the tag). I was the dumpee in my last serious relationship and posted pictures of my ex after we broke up, but I was just missing him I guess. Try to not analyze too much. for all you know it could have been a last minute decision that he's kind of regretting or not even thinking about right now.

Hes doing nothing of the sort. At least no one can say that without it being a GUESS.

If he missed you and wanted you back, he'd have the cajones to contact you directly. Your "hope" is stagnating you from moving on and finding a MAN that should he have something to say to you, he'd say it to you.

With all due respect to all of us "guessers" Don't get your hopes up because strangers on a forum site are telling you what you want to hear. None of us could actually know what tagging you means to him.

Don't have any expectations until you get an email telling you that he's made a mistake and he wants you back. Until you actually know he wants you back, then "missing you" simply means he misses you (if thats what tagging you means to him) which even so does not mean he wants you back.

Get on with your life and stop waiting for him. If he wants you, he knows how to contact you, I'm sure. When you accept and let go, it quickly gets easier and soon enough you'll be to the blissful stage of indifference to him so you can find someone new who you'll not act out on.

I occasionally tag old photos with names and locations when I'm bored. Doesn't mean a thing. Also, my ex tagged me in a photo two months after we had broken up and a week after we had seen each other. I, like you, thought it was a good sign. It didn't mean a thing. If it does mean anything, your ex will be more aggressive and do things that aren't nearly as subtle. But I think it would be dangerous to assume that this is some sort of signal of anything.

Your ex might miss you. Heck, he probably does. That does not mean that they want to get back with you. Dumpees make this leap of logic (that "missing" means "reconciling") when it usually isn't the case.

Actually, as you've just experienced, staying un-blocked on Facebook IS breaking No contact.

You've just experienced a breadcrumb, my friend.

BLOCK him and stop making it so easy for him to contact you! Staying connected online on ANY site is breaking NC!

Archived