Getting thru FB Spam folders?

I have a question, and I’m not sure where to post it, but since this forum seems to have the foremost experts on the workings of Facebook, I will start here

I dated a guy last spring. Things ended when he relocated about 2 hours away. It was amicable, neither of us was interested in an LDR, and to be honest, I don’t think either of us saw anything long term. We texted a few times, but kind of lost touch.

This last weekend, I was out at a Beer Festival, and I saw him at one of the booths. I wanted to go say hello, and I also had a question for him about a volunteer event he does every year that my friends and I would like to be involved in. We spotted each other, but because of the crowd, and my friends and I needing to get one of our “overserved” friends out of there, I wasn’t able to go chat with him. I don’t have his number anymore either, since we haven’t spoken since early summer. We are not friends on FB, but I was able to send a message to him, saying that I was sorry we couldn’t connect, but that I had a question regarding the volunteer event. I noticed this morning that he hadn’t read it yet, and I am thinking it went to a spam folder. Is there any way to bypass that, or will I just have to hope he checks that folder every now and then?

Yes, it sounds like you are trying to reconnect with him. I've contacted many people I'm not FB friends with, and they pretty quickly read the message. So it's possible he hasn't checked his Facebook lately or if it's like my Facebook it takes a few hours to notify me that I have a new message.

Do you not have his number or email? I'd just send him a text or an email. But honestly, just google the event.

For those who think I did this to reconnect....there was no spark between us when we dated, I have absolutely no interest in dating him.

The event that I want to be involved in is called the Great American Beer Festival. For those not in the know, it is a HUGE event in which thousands come from all over the world to partake in. Getting a ticket to the event is next to impossible...it sells out in minutes. However, he was a volunteer last year, and volunteers have the perk of working their shift, and then being able to walk around the event, without a ticket. I DID do the research on the event....they do not advertise when the list goes out to get volunteers. It is sent to previous years volunteers. I do not have the time to check the website constantly to try to figure out the day it will be posted. He, however, would be able to tell me when that list is posted.

Instead of reading into things, maybe other's on this website should take the question for what it is worth. As I stated, I didnt keep his number in my phone, because I have no romantic interest in him. I was simply wondering if there was a way I could get my FB message to him.

Well...if the spammer could change the ability of spam messages to get through, what would be the point?

Secondly...you just want to use him to get tickets. Rather rude.

As stated in my original post....I want to VOLUNTEER for the event......yes, a perk is getting to walk around afterword....but the word vounteer generally means that you work for free. There is no "free ticket". You work at the event, and you get to walk around afterwards. I wanted to reach out to him to find out if he could let me know when that list goes out. Giving me that information does not guarrantee a "free ticket", nor does it guarrantee that I will even be chosen to volunteer. I simply wanted to ask him if he could let me know when the list goes out, so that I could put my name on that list.

Did you actually read any of my posts? It would seem not, so commenting on it is...rather rude. My guess is that because your advice was not relatable to my question, you are now digging to find something negative to say. Again....rather rude.

Instead of you, who wants to volunteer at this event, actually taking the time and effort yourself to watch for when the list goes out, you want him to do it for you.

How is that not asking a favor of someone who is no longer in your life?

And if you cannot get a hold of him....it would appear it is because he does not want you to be able to do so!!!!

Send a fb friend request if you are "still friends"!

Instead of you, who wants to volunteer at this event, actually taking the time and effort yourself to watch for when the list goes out, you want him to do it for you.

How is that not asking a favor of someone who is no longer in your life?

And if you cannot get a hold of him....it would appear it is because he does not want you to be able to do so!!!!

Send a fb friend request if you are "still friends"!

Interestingly enough, he just responded, by Facebook, and he not only said he was happy to hear from me, he told me he would let me know when that list is posted.

It's so fascinating to see certain posters on this forum use all of their energies to try to find or create negativity in a situation that isn't negative at all. It almost (almost) makes me sad to think how miserable this must be for them in their lives. And when holes are poked in their "advice", they desperately work to be even more negative, should that be possible. So, so sad.

Archived