My boyfriends new crowd... I don't trust them help!!

Missymouse12

So, ever since my boyfriend started his new job he has been changing. Not for the good he's becoming alcohol dependent, he now swares like a sailor, he can't have normal conversations with people because he's talking in text and well he goes to really shady party's. It's freaking me out my bio father was an alcoholic so I'm not a fan of alcohol. So the girls at those party's are very skanky and well I know he won't cheat on me but still it scares me. And lastly he will do anything they ask at the drop of a hat I had been asking since November to go skiing we even had free lift tickets but he said no every time Friday his "friend" asked if he would go skiing the next day he said yes and went. I just don't know what to do... Do I break up with him or tell him I'm unhappy and hope he actually listens?

How do you know "he wont cheat"? Especially if hes going to shady parties, getting drunk out of his mind and surrounded by "skanky girls". How do you know he hasn't cheated already?.

Anyway regardless of whether hes cheated or not-he has changed and is making you miserable. Plus he is not putting in the effort with you anymore. I would break up with him

How old is he? Under 21? He sounds very easily influenced by others and desperate to fit in with his new group. Obviously he already knows how you feel about too much drinking and yet he continues even knowing how it makes you feel. Drinking socially is alright if you can keep it under control and you don't need it to have fun. I'd talk to him see if he is willing to listen and change some behaviors for you. Do you go to those parties with the skanky ones also or he goes to them by himself? If he is loving his new persona he probably won't change it.

Archived