Dating and Long Distance- Says she just wants to be friends.

jdb1811

Hey everyone! Just had a quick question for you. Here's a little back story. So I met this girl and we started talking for a few weeks. We finally went on a date. It was just a simple lunch date- just to meet and get to know each other. Well this lunch date lasted four hours. I have been in a few relationships and on plenty of dates. But for the first time, I really connected with someone. I have never been on lunch date that turned into a four hour affair. We have so much in common ( so much so, it's kind of scary) and enough differences to keep things interesting. Everything is great expect the timing could not be anymore crappy. I took a new job in a city about two hours away from where I currently live. When I broke the news to her, she said that she couldn't do the long distance thing. She's been there, done that. She told me that I'm a really great guy and she thinks we could have a great time together and she would love to meet a guy like me. But she can't do the long distance thing. To me, two hours is no big deal- especially since we're still in the same state. And we work the same schedule as far as work hours go. We had a great connection and I've never felt this way about someone before. For me, it's a no big deal to move two hours away.

So do I accept her "better suited as friends" line? Do I push the issue and try to prove to her that I can make it work and it would totally be worth it? I have a great opportunity with my new job and I'm not going to sacrifice the opportunity. At the same time, I met a really great girl and if she meant what she said, why not give it a try?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Well did you tell her that during the date that 2 hr drive for u is no big deal?

But keep in mind, when ur in a relationship ppl take turn seeing each other. She might not be inclined to drive 2 hrs to see her significant other. I dont think she is willing too, but will u be ok doing all the driving and not gettin upset when she doesnt want to drive to see u?

Archived