Told him I had hpv years ago but not that I had warts. He still slept with me.

faithful25

Last night I had a sexual encounter with a guy.

Before the sex I told him I had hpv 5 years ago. He knew what it was but wasn't sure. I told him now I have normal paps and haven't had a issue with it since. I told him that there is not test for men and that when I was with my ex he never had signs of it. I never told him i had warts. And they only way to tell is if they have signs. Just that I haven't had any issues and have normal paps now.

He told me he respect me being honest and still slept with me.

Was I wrong for not telling him about a wart I had. Even tho I disclose my hpv status I had five years ago.

I woke up feeling gulity!

For those who dont know hpv does cause warts.

You told him about it, you used a condom. Don't feel guilty. Did you have a wart when you hooked up with him? HPV can be transmitted even with a condom but it's not extremely likely. Sounds like you were pretty honest with him and he's ok with it. Don't beat yourself up about it especially since you have normal paps now. Don't stress.

Ok, everybody has HPV and warts at some point. And most of the population will get it once they've been sexually active for a while. So don't overreact to this. You told him you've had it in the past and that's enough. There are also a hundred different strains of HPV, so the wart on your arm or wherever is most likely not the same kind of wart as genital warts. And frankly, if people who had warts didn't have sex, the human race would die out because it is as common as the common cold.

I told him again.. and his reaction was "but you did tell me!" I gave him a little but more info about it with the wart and lesion I had and he said it dont change anything because I told him about the hpv anyways.

You're ethical and brave, and you deserve to be kind to yourself.

EnjOy your new relationship.

Archived