what would you do?

I work in service industry and was with one co-worker a few days ago. It was just her and I on the floor. There was a table that had left me $10 to pay for their bill but I was really busy and my co-worker cleared the table in question. I remembered about an hour later that I had never collected that $10, so I asked my coworker and she said she hadn't seen it but found it on the floor and returned the billfold with the $10. I don't want to be paranoid but do you think she could have stolen that money? I don't think she would and I don't want to make a big stink by telling management because I did get my money. But what would you do?

so I asked my coworker and she said she hadn't seen it but found it on the floor and returned the billfold with the $10.

She could be lying about where she found it but most people wouldn't have owned up - they would have just lied and kept it.

Now if I really wanted to be cynical, I'd say maybe she prepared the story in advance. But even then, she was prepared to return it if you asked.

So by my reasoning, she's at least a half decent egg.

I think you need to drop it. If you don't trust her, just don't let her clear your tables again.

Archived