Too Much Time Out Of The Dating Game

hairtinkerbell

So, about 5 months back I got out of a 5 year long relationship and needless to say, it's been going great.... BUT I have come to realize, while I am a natural flirt, I haven't the slightest clue if I'm being flirted with.... Allow me to explain.

I am a waitress, have been at the same restaurant for 5 (nearly 6) years. There's this guy that's been coming in as long as I can remember, usually with family, but you know how it is, you take the order and move on. The more I waited on his family the more we'd make smart ass sarcastic comments to one another like cashing them out and asking how everything was and he'd say "It was just slop, I don't know why we come here." Blah blah blah....

Long story short, he's been coming in a LOT more lately. I'll jokingly hide from him, or be like oh my day just got a lot worse, and we just go back and fourth the entire time he's there even if I'm not serving tables that day....

Well Sunday my coworker had told his mom she can't tell the difference between him and his brother who were sitting next to each other and I said "oh that's easy, his brothers the nice quiet one and he's the loud mouth" and he started laughing and was like "I'm a loud mouth huh?" and I just nodded and walked away.... Later I was doing my side work and he came up to me and started asking me random questions like when my birthday was, how old I was, saying oh we're only a month apart.... Idle chit chat... Then he jokingly tried to nudge me away from what I was doing.. I thought nothing of it, my coworkers on the other hand said he was flirting with me and you could tell by his body language... I told them they were stupid and went about my work.

Wednesday I was walking into work and he was standing outside and I said how's the slop today and he turned around and immediately stood straight up and said horrible as usual. Still, thought nothing of it.

I didn't think anything of any of this, despite my co-workers egging it on, until Friday morning. I was having a horrible morning and hadn't even been at work for a half hour and he walked in. I looked at him and laughed saying, "Great my day just got even WORSE" and his friend, who I'd never seen before, was like "Uh oh, did I come in here with bad company?" and he said "No, as long as she doesn't wait on us you're in good hands" Well, it was slow due to weather, so I was standing at the register zoning out and he called me over (wasn't serving tables that morning, just running food.) and he asked me my name.... So I told him, and he's like why don't you sit down and enjoy the slop with us and I was like I can't I'm working.... Then he asked me if I spit in the food today because it tasted better (usual smart ass tone) and I said if you weren't a customer I'd have a comment for that and he said oh do tell and I said nope and walked away. I kept catching him looking at me the whole time he was there and then as he was leaving his friend stood between us saying he was going to protect me from the trouble maker.

As they were leaving one of the girls said you should've got his number, it's obvious he's into you and I said fine go get it for me.... But due to weather, she couldn't catch him....

Any WAY the point of this long story is that I've been out of the game for over 5 years, I don't see it as him flirting with me, but ALL of my co workers do.... So is it flirting? Would I be taking too big of a risk asking for his number?

Some people flirt just to be flirting.....

It sounds as if he's trying to feel you out. Asking you more questions. Does he know you are now single? How old are you guys. Joke with him...."are you flirting with me????" or as time progressing....'I think you kinda are into me....lol" or , "you're not just coming here for the slop, are ya?" and see what he says.

Some people just joke and flirt.....but don't want to take it any further. But it sounds as if he does....especially if you guys are younger.....!!

Some people flirt just to be flirting.....

It sounds as if he's trying to feel you out. Asking you more questions. Does he know you are now single? How old are you guys. Joke with him...."are you flirting with me????" or as time progressing....'I think you kinda are into me....lol" or , "you're not just coming here for the slop, are ya?" and see what he says.

Some people just joke and flirt.....but don't want to take it any further. But it sounds as if he does....especially if you guys are younger.....!!

We are both 25... I don't think that he knows I'm single at all. But that's awesome, if I mess with him asking if he's flirting with me it'll really work into how we mess with each other.

Lol....sounds fun. I love that kind if banter. I would definetely tell him you know he comes in because he loves the torture. Or definetely because he likes flirting with you like a mean little boy. Don't get too serious...keep it light and fun.

Archived