How many ladies make their guy sit when he has to relieve himself?

Adama

I was not sure which forum category to post this and thus posted it here because it relates to use of a private part.

My wife has been having me sit on the toilet when I need to urinate for years. We now have young kids and toilets get messy anyway. (And I am a normal pee'er if that makes any sense; I mean I don't pee on the seat or floor or splash and I put the seat down afterwards.)

I really * hate * sitting on the toilet when I've got to relieve myself to the point that I often just go outside in the backyard (somewhat rural community with a 3 acre private backyard and thus no public-type issues - farm accross street and all around, etc). (My home office in the basement faces to the outside with a door to the backyard.) When my wife is not around, I've been telling our 5 year old daughter not to make her husband or boyfriends when she gets older to have to sit and showing our two sons 7 yrs old with disability and 3 year old how to pee standing up so that they don't become strange later.

Anyway, is this common for women to require their guy to sit? Do many of the ladies here make their husbands and boyfriends sit? Do a lot of the other guys here also have to sit?

Just pretty curious. Thx.

(By the way, my wife "caught" me peeing while standing about 20 minutes ago - 2nd time being caught. I told her lightly that I really can't stand having to sit.)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as you don't make a mess - or clean it up if you do - she should have no problem with you peeing standing up.

At best, she's being too much of a stickler for cleanliness and needs to get over it.

At worst, she's being a controlling shrew who gets some kind of domineering satisfaction out of telling you to NOT pee how 99% of men normally do it.

Sorry....WHAT??

First of all...what person dictates to somebody else how to do their business??? Unless you are doing it in the sink, or on the floor, I'm pretty sure nobody has a right to tell you where to go.

Second of all...what person actually lets someone dictate to them how they do their business??

How is she monitoring this?? Does your toilet have a door?? A security camera??

I can't really get my head around the fact that she has any right to actually say all of this, but why does she?

I've never heard of that, maybe it's the way she was brought up? With her father sitting? My young children see my sit so obviously do the same, but I plan on having there dad show them how to pee standing as it's the social norm really. I don't see anything wrong but If it makes you feel uncomfortable or you see it as strange then talk to her, basically say ill pee how I like! Think it's a bit odd how she's telling you how you should pee tho

Ummmm.....how would she know? What does she do? Watch you? I mean seriously....how exactly can she make you do it a certain way???? You do have doors and locks on the bathroom, yes? Maybe use them and have some privacy?

I wouldn't know if my bf pees dancing on one leg and don't care either so long as he leaves the place clean and the seat down. Now if he was peeing all over then we'd have a problem, but it would be an issue of him cleaning after himself not how he goes...lol....

Ummmm.....how would she know? What does she do? Watch you? I mean seriously....how exactly can she make you do it a certain way???? You do have doors and locks on the bathroom, yes? Maybe use them and have some privacy?

Yeah, how does she know? I lock my bathroom door when I go to the toilet.

Thank god I'm not insane on this. There are so many rules that I need to follow in our marrage. I feel like I'm a woman or something when I've got to sit to take a leak - I cannot fully express how much I hate to have to do that. Well, we (my wife and I) don't lock each other out or anything when we need to use the bathrooms. It's always been that way in our marriage. She's Asian and moved from Asia here when she was 30 and they are really into the cleanliness thing culturally. I try to adapt to what she wants (I mean she is definitely well I would like to say "king" instead of "queen" of the house). I can live with taking my shoes off, her screaming at the kids for bringing a toy into the kitchen or their not cleaning up perfectly (I have to), etc. but I've been sitting on the darn toilet to take a leak now for maybe 8 years and I'm getting pretty sick of it.

Anyway, is this common for women to require their guy to sit? Do many of the ladies here make their husbands and boyfriends sit? Do a lot of the other guys here also have to sit?

Just pretty curious. Thx.

You're being neutered and you don't even know it! Hell no its not common! No normal women would ever in a million years make their husband do this! I hate to say this man but you need to grow some b@lls here and tell her that you're going to pee like the rest of the men from the human race. Geez. I hope this is a joke?

I’ve heard about it here in Europe, but I think it is just ridiculous. If I were a man, I would stand (but also clean up if necessary).

I have ALWAYS wiped the toilet rim, etc. (the seat is of course up) just in case to make sure it is clean. That is common courtesy and I teach that to our two young sons as well.

I have ALWAYS wiped the seat just in case to make sure it is clean. That is common courtesy and I teach that to our two young sons as well.

Then she has no right to treat you like a child. Just locked the door. Her obsessions are her problem don't feed into it. By letting her have it her way you're just enabling her obsessions. Lock the door and pee any darn way you want.

Also that she is walking in on you peeing.

This lady has some serious boundarie issues.

I say, pee on her shoes!

LMAO Thank you so much Mhowe for a much needed laugh. OP you're a grown man you don't need someone telling you how to pee. It's your choice to make- not hers- you have the right and perogative to pee whatever way you want. I would never even think about trying to tell a guy in which position he needs to relieve himself. Your wife is being absurd and in need for therapy for her control issues.

Its one thing to be sensitive to someone else's culture when they come to a strange new place, thats good and admirable and exactly what you should do. Its a whole other thing when they are controlling to the point they command how you pee. Start peeing standing up. Clean up as needed and if she throws a fit let her.

Archived