My ex says she will meet, but doesn't actually meet? Confused

Hi everyone

I broke up with my ex 4 months ago and since then we had NC for around 1 month since then... she was perfect girl in my life but due to some very dangerous family issues we had to separate. The breakup happened over text (I know, it was so sooo stupid of me but I just didnt have the courage to tell her face to face, I didnt want to see her emotional or cry or anything). We continued talking every now and then like after 2 days or so, and gradually she went to NC. I tried contacting her but she never responded.

Then after her exams were over, I again asked her how it was and she said it was fine, asked how I was etc. I tried to ask her if she could meet, but she was in hesitating mood, I also said that I was really sorry and explained her everything. She said she never saw me as a problem and that she had nothing to say me. And since then again she went to NC for a month until my birthday in November end, when she herself called and wished me. I asked her to meet again... and this time she was like "OK" and I was so happy about it. Thought she would actually meet.

But she never did, I attempted a last try to ask her to meet because there were so many things I wished to say, i wanted to see how she was doing, because I still know that she is having dangerous issues in her family and I just want to help her and know what is going on in Her mind about me, etc. She was never clear about anything, and hid things inside her you know... I dont know if it was her confusion or apprehension due to so much problems going on her side. So I just wanted to meet up and know what is up with her. I still do care for her so much.

On new year day, she again told me that she would meet soon perhaps the next week but still didn't meet. Why is she doing this? She can plainly tell me that she doesn't want to meet and tell me the reasons? It is very hurting whenever I think that yes she will meet but days go by and she doesn't meet, doesn't even talk that much.

What can be the reason she is doing like this?

I think you should wait for her to take the initiative and ask you to meet first. It seems like she doesn't want to say no to you but that deep down she doesn't want to see you. You broke up with her, I'm sure she doesn't want to go backwards in her healing if she were to see you again. If you have no wish to get back together with her then I think you should leave her alone and wait and see if she would like to remain friends.

Agree with above. You dumped her -- so, you basically have no right to expect to ever see or speak to her again, but especially not just a few months after the breakup. Leave her alone so she can heal. Really, what right do you have to EVER expect someone you've dumped to see you socially or be *just a friend* to you after you've broken their heart?

Especially after you dumped her BY TEXT? Really -- ?

Leave her alone so she can move on and find someone who appreciates her and deserves to have her in his life!

Archived