Feel guilty, have I done this wrong ?

whattodo123

I am in a relationship and have been for three years.

Met a guy at a party that my partner knows a couple of months ago. I don't think this guy realised we were together. I was very taken by this guy and have been thinking about him a lot. I have realised i am not getting ehat i need in my relationship and need to discuss this with my partner.

This guy added me on facebook, and asked me for a drink, i didnt say yes but have been responding to his messages. he asked for my number and i gave it to him, (how do you say no to giving someone your number?) and he has text and tried to call me which i didn't respond to.

so i sent him a message to explain my situation, i felt like i had been off with him, and that i like him, however i am in a relationship, so that is why i have been on/off with him. he tried calling me and i didn't respond.

I feel very guilty. I want to make things work with my partner, but don't think i should have text this guy to explain my situation? I spent ages with a friend trying to decide if to or not.

I may see this guy out and about with my partner at some point and didn't want it to be awkward !

I don't want to sound harsh, but I would say it being "awkward" is the least of your worries. How do you know this guy won't tell your boyfriend that you've been talking behind his back and giving out your number? How do you think your boyfriend is going to react? There is no easy fix to this.

I your options are:

a. cut off all contact with this guy, pray you never see him again and pray he never tells anyone anything

or

b. tell your boyfriend everything, and let him decide if he wants to continue the relationship

You didn't technically "cheat", but this was very sneaky of you. I think your boyfriend deserves to know the truth.

I don't want to sound harsh, but I would say it being "awkward" is the least of your worries. How do you know this guy won't tell your boyfriend that you've been talking behind his back and giving out your number? How do you think your boyfriend is going to react? There is no easy fix to this.

I your options are:

a. cut off all contact with this guy, pray you never see him again and pray he never tells anyone anything

or

b. tell your boyfriend everything, and let him decide if he wants to continue the relationship

You didn't technically "cheat", but this was very sneaky of you. I think your boyfriend deserves to know the truth.

I don't think my boyfriend would mind me giving my number to people as he does it all the time. He has been texting a friend he dated who he is still very fond of so i don't think this is the end of our relationship.

if anything this has made me realise i want to work with him to make this relationship work.

Archived