Do you believe in a third chance?

chris1005

Do you believe once you've been in a long term relationship for more than 5 years you could get a second chance with an ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend i know that's it's possible. Getting a third chance with an ex is it possible; as getting a second chance or are the chances of getting a third chance are even harder than getting a second chance. Do you guys or girls know of people around that have had a third chance and been happier than ever with an ex after time. Share your stories.

I believe anything can happen, but you want a healthy relationship, agree with mhowe something has to be changed, otherwise it will end again. I have a friend, who cheated his GF 2 times, and BU for 3 years, after all he realizes he made mistake and went to extensive treatment, and he get back with her, and married w one daughter.

I think by two times around you know what's not "workable" or you would have worked it out. On and off again relationships can become very toxic.

So could you "have the chance?" -sure! Would something work the 3rd time that didn't work the first 2 times? -unlikely

There should be no third chance. If major changes and adjustments were not made during the second chance, any further attempts are fruitless.

Totally agree. If you can't get it right the second time then it means neither of you have done the work you need to do to be a good partner to the other and it's time to throw in the towel. Anything less is your fear of being alone and or codependent addiction to one another as opposed to actual Love.

BTW: It certainly takes more then love to make a relationship happy, functioning and longlasting so "love" shouldn't be your reason for returning for more of the same.

Archived