Arrogance of Beauty

NIN2000

A few days after New Years, dressed in a suit I attended a charity event at a friend's house.

At the event, the host was eager to introduce me to someone who "was very interested in meeting me". Half way through the evening, I was introduced to a young lady who had a strong charismatic personality. Charming, elegant, confident with a twist of humility that highlighted her natural beauty above all. I was very impressed but more surprised by her interest in me.

She loved my smile and throughout the night took numerous pictures with me. She complimented me on my suit, manners, intellect and insisted on exchanging numbers (I was going to ask her for her number but at the end of the evening). We shared numerous conversations, ate good food, drank excellent wine and danced all night. Seemed a little to good to be true.

The next day I called her but she never answered. Instead I left her a voicemail and expressed my gratitude and delight for her company on the prior evening. Three days later, I get a text from her expressing how happy she was to have met me followed with an additional text which was an invitation to her birthday party. The party took place at South Beach in an exclusive club.

I went to her birthday party and from the moment I got there it felt like a continuation of the first time we met. We ate, drank, talked, danced, took more pictures and she introduced me to everyone. I soon noticed a pattern; all of her co workers work for Spanish television Univision. A handful barely spoke English; broken English at best. That night I found out that the girl I was interested in is a Spanish TV actress. I was very surprised.

Having drank much and feeling tired, she asked me to take her home after the party. We left South Beach at 6:00 AM. Along the way to her house, we got breakfast and once at her house we made out for a long time. We were both exhausted but before leaving, she gave a long hour speech on her impression about me and how she would like to get to know me better. I expressed the same in return and asked her if she would accept my dinner invitation. A quick and easy "yes" was her reply.

On the day of our dinner plans, she canceled (wasn't feeling well, caught a cold). A week later we rescheduled and finally went out to dinner. I picked her up from her house and her attitude was as charming and lovely as usual. We got to the restaurant, sat down, ordered drinks and an appetizer. Before the drinks and food were served, a group of her friends entered and sat in the back of the dinning area. She got up and told me that she was going to say "hello" to them and would return quickly. She then left, sat down at her friends table and never returned. In plain eye sight I sat and watched her for 20 minutes and waited for her. I gave up after I noticed that she ordered drinks and food with her friends. I closed the tab, got up and walked to her table. I wished her a good night and she responded with a cold non caring voice stating "take care, bye."

The next day, she called me angry because I "left her stranded". I quickly reminded her that I invited her to dinner and at the restaurant she abandoned me, never introduced me to her friends, and when I approached her table she acted cold and stated "take care, bye". She then gave me a speech that she is an actress and that I am a low life federal government employee who does not have the financial resources to keep up with her lifestyle.

I laughed and told her "your response says a lot about you, your character, education, morals, and who you truly are. Thank you for showing me who you truly are." And with that ended something that barely even started.

I have been around the block more than a million times and sometimes think that I have seen it all. Yet, life in Miami is unlike most places. Women in this city for the most part are extremely self centered. They are never wrong and like a black hole expect more and more from life only because "they are beautiful".

This girl was very beautiful. An established actress yet she spoke no English, wasn't a U.S. Citizen (she is Venezuelan) and didn't have a formal education. In the end all of her charm, beauty, elegance and soft spoken phrases were nothing but an act.

And with all of that I don't understand her purpose? Why go through such an act? Was I suppose to be a toy? What was her end game?

I wouldn't doubt that she has done such things to other guys before but then again, that explains why she is so beautiful and single.

I was very surprised by her arrogance.

I'd stop questioning Why. The why is not important. What is important is this laughed and told her "your response says a lot about you, your character, education, morals, and who you truly are. Thank you for showing me who you truly are." And with that ended something that barely even started. I can't reiterate enough about what a good thing you did by handling it that way. She's self-indulgent fluff. She DOES NOT represent all women. Concentrate on finding the one's that are not self-indulgent, rude, entitlement princesses and forget the ones that are. They don't deserve renting free space in your brain.

This girl was very beautiful. An established actress yet she spoke no English, wasn't a U.S. Citizen (she is Venezuelan) and didn't have a formal education. In the end all of her charm, beauty, elegance and soft spoken phrases were nothing but an act.

And with all of that I don't understand her purpose? Why go through such an act? Was I suppose to be a toy? What was her end game?

This and another thread of your suggests to me you are very concerned with women who are "very beautiful." While I think her behavior was crappy, I think you are mired in the "superficial beautiful women" pattern that is something you should reflect on.

Wait. Let's not make vast sweeping generalizations about the "arrogance of beauty." Different women handle things differently and she sounds like Lucifer in a shapely vacuous body. Good for you to act with class and dignity. She doesn't deserve your attention.

Well, this also speaks to his views on a group of women as well.

I live in Miami, Florida. A city known for its sunshine, beaches beautiful women and high end night life.

Everywhere I go I run into beautiful women who upon learning their name they quickly inform me that they are single and looking for "a good man". It doesn't take much probing into the latter and you realize that the definition of "a good man" is someone who will provide not just financial security but wealth with no boundary. Looks, education, personality, morals and ethics are worthless if you can not provide financial splendors. I refer to these women as "asset strippers", a modern term for high end gold diggers.

Last night I was at a party. I was introduced to a very beautiful girl. When I approached her, she smiled and spoke to me in Spanish. This beautiful young lady has lived in America for 9 years, does not speak English and doesn't care to learn. She doesn't work nor is she interested in working and has no educational ambition.

Shocked I asked her "how do you live, pay your bills and expenses?" Her response, "if you (addressing me) were Colombian, young and pretty and knew how to treat a man then you could get whatever you want".

She was the perfect definition of an asset stripper. She will strip you of your property, cash, stocks, bonds and additional property.

These women are always "searching for the highest bidder"; and if you don't provide what they want then they will quickly move on and find someone who will give them what they want.

You find these women all over Miami. Is it a cultural thing?

My male friends and I run into women like these all the time. We always wonder "are women all o ER America like this? Or is this only in Miami?"

What do you think?

I laughed and told her "your response says a lot about you, your character, education, morals, and who you truly are. Thank you for showing me who you truly are."

Good for you man! Perfect response to put such a self-entitled in her place. And you kept it classy, too. I'm not so sure I would have been able to hold back after her pulling something like that.

This and another thread of your suggests to me you are very concerned with women who are "very beautiful." While I think her behavior was crappy, I think you are mired in the "superficial beautiful women" pattern that is something you should reflect on.

That's the beauty of having been around for awhile... you tend to see patterns from Opening Posters. *note to self, read previous threads prior to posting*

While I think that you did a classy job of putting THIS particular "princess" in her place, OP. I must say that perhaps you should change up who you are trying to be with. If your choices are all so self-absorbed then You are the common denominator that needs to change up from doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Not all beautiful people are arrogant. Some are, but not all. This woman behaved appallingly, no doubt but that doesn't mean that all attractive women behave this way.

I have a friend who is a personal trainer, and fetish model. She is stunningly beautiful but moreover, she is one of the most kind, generous, funny and all around amazing person to be around.

Does she know she is beautiful? Absolutely. She is a personal trailer who models. She gets told she is beautiful all the time and I would venture to say that any attractive person who claims they don't KNOW they are attractive is lying. The difference is that some people feel entitled to special attention because of their beauty and society rewards them for that.

But not all do.

I would like to thank everyone who took the time and wrote a response to my post.

I have always held the belief that life in Miami is very different than anywhere due to our city's multi ethnic composition. English speaking American's are a rarity in this city. Instead there is a heavy influx of immigrants from Cuba, Puerto Rico, Panama, Costa Rica, Colombia, Venezuela, Brazil, Peru and Argentina. South Beach is very famous for it's beauty and in the same sentence, the above Hispanics make up that same scene.

However, the Hispanic mentality for women is very different than Anglo culture. Most (9 out of 10) are extremely self centered, materialistic and expert manipulators. As a result, some of you comment that "perhaps all I am looking for is beauty". I repeat, 9 out of 10 women in Miami are very beautiful. The same proportion seem to be related to Lucifer. This is not the case in other big cities.

Well, then I guess its a really good thing that you're not a codependent personality and have the good sense to call these woman out for who they are and immediately forget they exist.

Maybe you should look in Fort Lauderdale for a down to earth cutie instead of continuing the hunt amongst the disgusting beauties you've met thus far?

Yeah, I noticed that pattern too.

You seem drawn to women like this .

I don't understand why you were so impressed with her to start with?

I think I understand why he was drawn to her, she made it appear that she was interested. I think most men would have asked her out if they had a woman do what this woman did. It's natural.

It's the pattern of woman that is the issue. OP, you're seem quite aware of what the majority of women are like where you reside... I suggest you start looking outside that particular circle if what you are saying about these women is remotely true. (I'm not saying you're exagerating by any means, there certainly are lots of PEOPLE with that air you speak of).

OP, sorry you are being lambasted for choosing to pursue an attractive women that was a deceiver. I don't fault you. You were at an event, were introduced to what seemed to be an attractive and kind women who pursued you. I don't know many men that would not have taken her up on it. Like many have said on here, not all attractive women feel entitled.

I don't think you have anything to re-evaluate unless your only reason for dating her was because she was attractive which does not seem to be the case as suggested.

Kudos to you for getting out once she showed her true character.

Wait. Let's not make vast sweeping generalizations about the "arrogance of beauty." Different women handle things differently and she sounds like Lucifer in a shapely vacuous body. Good for you to act with class and dignity. She doesn't deserve your attention.

NIN2000, I agree that this woman was arrogant and self-centered and you were right to not want to put up with this. However, not all attractive woman act like this, so I would agree with fifregister about such broad generalizations. Most people I meet don't act like this, but I've met a few women and men who do. A self-absorbed attitude is not unique to women, nor even to attractive people. For example, I've met some fairly unattractive dudes who act like this as well.

Charm is always an act. You fell for it. Better to see it as a red flag and something to avoid.

I disagree with this cynical attitude. Lots of people are authentically charming; I'm sorry you've apparently never met any of them.

OP, sorry you are being lambasted for choosing to pursue an attractive women that was a deceiver. I don't fault you. You were at an event, were introduced to what seemed to be an attractive and kind women who pursued you. I don't know many men that would not have taken her up on it. Like many have said on here, not all attractive women feel entitled.

I don't think you have anything to re-evaluate unless your only reason for dating her was because she was attractive which does not seem to be the case as suggested.

Kudos to you for getting out once she showed her true character.

I think that's an unfair statement. It's not as simplistic as "it's not your fault you pursued an attractive deceiver."

I think it's unfortunate that when people make sweeping statements about groups of people as truth people would rather myopically look at one situation rather than seeing the situation from a broader perspective.

Archived