Guy I dated started texting me again, what on earth does he want?

Sirenita84

I (29/F) dated this guy (29/M)for about a month. I really liked him- more than I've liked anyone i've dated in a while. He had broken up with his ex (of a year) 6 months before, and was in another place, he seemed super confused. A month into us dating, he broke it off, saying I was moving faster than him. He said he thought I was great and wanted me to be a part of his life, but not date anymore. I was really sad and asked him to just not contact me anymore. It took me some effort but 2 months later i'm happy and going on dates. Suddenly, he starts texting again. It seems really harmless- smiley faces and "how are you?" I have never answered- he's sent me abt 7-8 texts (none of which i've answered). The last text he sent was of a kissy face with a heart. He has texted me about once a week for the last month. I dont know what to do- i really liked this guy, and getting over him took an effort. Also, a part of me is angry that he led me on. We weren't friends before dating, I really don't feel like being his friend now. Im pretty confused about what he wants and what to do.

Yes, that whole thing sounds really weird with the texts that have a kissy face and a heart. Those are weird texts to send to someone without receiving a response. He does seem to have some issues going on. Do you feel uncomfortable asking him what he wants? You don't need to open lines to meet him and date him, but it would be helpful to understand why he's bothering you with so many texts and you aren't even responding.

It could be that even 6 months after a break up, starting up another serious relationship scared him a little and he ran away. That isn't your problem though, and although he may have decided that he is ready now sending text after text without being responded to is just pestering you. He dumped you, and now 2 months on expects you to still be sat there moping over him. I would send him a text message or even a phone call and tell him that he is bothering you and that you are not interested in being friends.

I would recommend continuing to ignore. They usually go away after 1,589 unanswered texts.

But seriously if it bothers you THAT much, then politely request that he stop. Or call the phone company to block him if you don't want to re-establish communication.

I sense that you're hoping for something though....because if you didn't, why would you care what he wants? The answer is fairly obvious, he wants to pick up the dalliance again. And the fact that it's only been a couple of months means that it's probably not something serious.

I would recommend continuing to ignore.

Agreed.

If you don't want to hear from him anymore, the LAST thing you should do is send him a "please stop the texts" message. The mere fact that you responded will be enough to get him started all over again.

Just ignore, block, delete and don't contact him for any reason.

Archived