time conundrum

crushongirl

Met this hot single mother online. Then we met in person. She liked me I liked her. She then emailed me her number afterward. Which indicates green light. Now success has caught up with me and I have to decide whether or not to pursue this opportunity. She's a single mother and wants me to spend family time with her and her daughter. That means weekend days and I suppose it would spill over into nights as well I have a project on weekend days I'm still not done with. I don't have much free weekend day time to spare. That might change in a few months when the project ends but I don't want a tug of war for time with her and the project. I would prefer just to have come-on-over's weekend nights. It is clear that is not what she had in mind.

What to do now? Should I just not call her? Should I explain in an email that she's fantastic but... got no time for what she has in mind. Should I email her that we can continue to meet but I am restricted on weekend day time I can spend with her?

Let me get this right. You've only met her once? I can't imagine that after one meeting she's expecting you to spend "family time" with her and her daughter. That seems WAY too fast. Also, I may be misinterpreting this but it sounds like a lot of time after just meeting someone.

I think at first it's completely appropriate to see each other one or two nights a week and I personally think it's too soon to meet her daughter. You have no idea how long this relationship will last and her daughter doesn't need to be exposed to a long line of men coming in and out of her and her mother's lives. It's a terrible idea.

I guess if you really like her, call her and tell her you can meet somewhere for a date on this weekend night for a few hours (whatever night works for both of you). Decide how you feel about being integrated into "family time" so quickly and let her know how you feel about it. Hopefully it set off some red flags for you. I would be very leery of someone who was so nonchalant about involving me in their child's life.

Archived