Starting to feel like my old self...

vaw6

Hey Everyone!

As y'all know, I am in the midst of a breakup. Today is day 20, since we broke up and day 6 days NC. (I broke NC last Tue, but it was short and sweet and all business talk) - I was a mess. I couldn’t eat, sleep, work, etc... even my job started to notice and I was called into HR for an "intervention" - they noticed my face is extremely sad as well as I am VERY skinny. (I’m thin naturally, but very underweight right now). So, I had an epiphany -- I need to start doing things by myself. I have been relying on my friends to keep me busy and when they are not available, I get so much anxiety being alone. So this past weekend I told myself that I was going to have a fun weekend and do the things I wanted to do, even if I did them alone. So, Saturday morning, I went and saw a movie then shopped. I cleaned my entire apartment and then went out that night with a girlfriend of mine. Sunday, I cleaned my closet, went to the gym, and then church. I met all of my goals for the weekend and today I feel like a new person. I'm still VERY sad, but I am starting to see light at the end of their tunnel. Also, now I am in the anger phase of the breakup... he was a jerk and now I am seeing that.

Good luck to everyone going through this - I'm glad we can all be there for each other.

Keep your head up. Every relationship (EVERY ONE) especially when you're a younger adult has both parties act like a jerk. This is because of the learning processthat comes from having to care ababout feelings other than your own. And great job doing your own thing again! Can't wait to hear how next weekend will be even better!

Archived