Signs you're being Catfished?

JA0371

Hi guys....l

I received a friend request out of the blue today from a guy in North Carolina...and this guy is gorgeous. Literally, he looks like a much younger Mel Gibson...probably better looking! Anyway...maybe I amjust cynical but he started hitting on me right away, saying Im beautiful...and if I came to NC he would drop everything to see me. That's what prompted me to come here and post this.

I asked this guy if I knew him...(I only have 49 friends on FB) he said no...but he saw me on a page that ai commented on and requested me. That sounds fair enough..but the fact he is so good looking, and saying all that stuff sent red flags up. I actually wondered if its someone I know baiting me?

Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks!

Right click on each image of him and save to your documents... Then click the images tab on Google and in the search bar there should be a little camera, click on that then it will give you the option to upload image. When Google does this, it searches sites with the same image as that and gives you results of where the pic has came from. It's amazing what Catfish the TV show can teach you! haha x

There is no explanation for what is going on that is both logical and a good thing for you.

Best case scenario (which only applies if you're of significantly above-average attractiveness) is that this guy thought "I'd like to hit that" and is the kind of guy who'll take a shotgun approach to women; throwing out compliments and seeing what'll stick.

And that's the best case scenario.

*EDIT* And chances are if that were the case you'd be no stranger to random attention from hot guys and probably jaded enough that you wouldn't even ask or consider this situation.

You may well be being catfished; you might find this article helpful: link removed

However, even if the pic and the guy are totally genuine, someone who's never met you being that over-the-top is very, very bad news. Guys who are looking for a serious relationship do not come on like that.

If their profile looks authentic enough and if they had friends share on their wall and it actually looking legit then that's a good indicator.

Google image search also works.

As well as 'the too good to be true bit'.

You can always chat to the person and ask them if they have any other profiles (blogs, etc) anywhere or if they would mind sending you a picture of them where they have your name or today's date written on them. Alternatively you could ask if they wanted to video chat or if they ever would.

If they avoid this, then you probably will know something is dodgey there.

I've made a lot of friends over the internet and finding the fake accounts is easy enough if you take a few measures beforehand. Even made an ultimatum once with a person I became friends with who had a fake account, and they then came forward and showed the real them.

If you get close and you do connect with each other, make it clear that you'll accept them either way

Lol...he looks like a young Mel Gibson

A younger, rapier Mel Gibson

There are no other instances of that image according to tineye or google, and after seeing him I take it back, it makes total sense that he would send messages like that.

If you're ever in NC and feel like an ONS I suspect you might have an option. Don't fool yourself into thinking it will end up being anything more than that.

A younger, rapier Mel Gibson

There are no other instances of that image according to tineye or google, and after seeing him I take it back, it makes total sense that he would send messages like that.

If you're ever in NC and feel like an ONS I suspect you might have an option.

hahahaha, i agree with this!

Archived