Question for men

Amp33

From a physical perspective, I think it depends on the context and the woman. I'm pretty ripped and toned and when seen in that context, I've been called beautiful by one woman, smok'n hot by another and sexy as hell by yet another. To me, in that context, they all pretty much mean the same thing. Outside of that context, I've been called handsome and even gorgeous but never beautiful and would prefer not to be. To me, it does have a feminine connotation.

I've gotta say that it only matters in front of others or if you're completely insecure.

For me, beautiful is a very powerful word to apply to a man, because it's against a cultural norm it evokes a sense that someone is objectifying me completely. Not a word used regularly or casually, but used in the right context I appreciate it more than any other superficial compliment.

I've never been called beautiful by a girl, but it wouldn't bother me. I've been called gorgeous, handsome and sexy...the only thing I was ever called that ever bothered me (and this was only by my ex a few times) was pretty. Yeah...that was kinda weird. Lol.

So what about "cute", does that carry the same connotation as beautiful?

I'm not a guy so I know this thread isn't directed toward me, but I call my bf cute all the time. I don't call him beautiful because that seems like something that might throw him off.

Men aren't beautiful. Men should be charming, sophisticated, immaculate, suave, cultivated, debonair or ruggedly handsome. But never beautiful.

I would take whatever compliment I could get and enjoy it.

I see no reason as to why a man would have a problem with it. Heck, I'd be happy with being called kinda cute. Lol

I'm not a guy so I know this thread isn't directed toward me, but I call my bf cute all the time. I don't call him beautiful because that seems like something that might throw him off.

I can't remember if I was called "cute" by ex gfs but recently this woman (drunk mind you) walked up to me and said I was "really cute". I didn't know how to react except say "thanks" haha

Archived