Am I just wasting time?

anonymous5492

I'm not sure if this fits under this category or not, because it has a lot of different parts to it, but oh well here it goes.

I'm a senior in high school and I haven't dated anyone since the beginning of my freshman year, and that was my only 'serious' relationship. Recently, I've been talking to a girl in one of my classes for the past 7 or 8 weeks. She is I believe 16, so she is a little less then 2 years younger then me. It was fun, I kept it light and just tried to be funny and I made her laugh a lot. I started to like her (nothing all that serious, just a crush) and the class was about to be ending for the semester. Things continued like normal up until the final test of the class (last day) where she took my phone and put her number in it. I texted her that same day so she could have my number as well, I was pretty happy because I didn't expect anything to come of it, seeing as how whenever I have a crush I usually just wait for it to go away. Oh and on a side note, I told myself after my break-up freshman year, that I would be totally drama free for the rest of my high school days. It worked, and I think it only worked because I decided not to date. Any-who, we texted most of that day after school, but it felt like she wasn't trying very hard to hold a conversation, my texts were bigger then hers and sometimes she would just respond with one word or a smiley or something, and I would end up not replying. I know I may not be the best texter, but isn't the point of texting just to set up a date to hangout? Well I got that done by asking her to go to the zoo with me because of an inside joke we had. She responded back with "YES!!!" and I thought okay that's a good sign. But then it was right back to the one word answers and what not. I think I need a another girls input here, since i'm completely lost as to what she expects or if she is just annoyed when we text or what? To be completely honest i'm not sure if I want a girlfriend or not, any of my friends that have one are/end up being miserable and filled with drama. I was just going to wait till college so I could talk to girls that have similar interests and what not. Anyways I just realized how long I've been typing so i'll end it here, we haven't texted at all today. I don't blame you if you didn't read it all, I just needed to vent and maybe get some input from random strangers.

You asked her out and she said YES!!! That sounds positive to me. Set it up and go and have fun with her. It doesn't mean she has to be your girlfriend, just go out and have a good time together.

Yes, the drama of the boyfriend/girlfriend thing in high school is insane and I think it's better to focus time and energy on having friendships and doing well in school and being active in hobbies. Like I said, though, a trip to the zoo together doesn't make her your girlfriend. Best of luck!

I agree- I wouldnt 'expect' much in this... you're still young. Live it up as many do your age.

Things 'can' become more serious come college yrs. Still, then, some are still living it up. Dont expect too much.

I often read how some are ready to settle and some aren't, so things & times clash for them & BU happens.

It's just part of life.. how it goes, apparently. Go with the flow, see how things go. I've stopped 'expecting' so much now.

gd luck

Archived