Friends sister? What you think

chillsup123

I'm not really sure if i should try to get together with a friends sister. I always had a sense that she was liked me and or was attracted to me in some way. Her mom sometimes jokingly makes a situation seem like me and her are in like a relationship. I rarely ever hang out with her brother, so we're not like close friends. Both are families know each other and the only time i really hang out with them is at events like new years, birthdays, etc. One day a situation happened which made me msg her about it. We chatted for a bit and later she said "hmu sometime Later on i did and we exchanged phone numbers and we started to text. I'm in college and she's still in HS, so there is a 3 year age gap also... I do find her attractive and she's a pretty cool person to talk to. I'm still trying to figure out if she actually is into me or sees anything happening. I texted her one day and couple hours later she texted me back saying, "im at the gym, when i get out i'll text you She does ask me a few questions when we text, but yeah... I live in another city for college which is about 1 hour away, but i come back home regularly. I was thinking of asking her if she wants to hang when i get back.

Anyways what do you get from this?

I still feel a bit weird that there is a 3 year age gap, a friends sister, families know each other (may be an advantage..), i have a feeling that her parents would want me and her together sometimes... Like i swear when i was younger one of family members said something about me and her doing something together. Just kind of having a hard time thinking when everyone would find out that we would be doing something. You know what i mean.

I think a lot of things are playing in your favor, and I'd recommend going with the flow and simply taking it slow. Hang out get to know each other more, etc.

But the one thing that isn't worth it is the minor thing. She's not 17. Wait before romance. It does not matter if she was 16 and you were 15, it's still statutory rape, and ANY gung-ho district attorney will eat that up. Being labeled a child molester, regardless of the story line, is not worth it. Ever.

It's cliche to think but people aged 15-21 will change their mind so many times and go through so many emotions the odds are highly against things turning into a long term successful relationship and marriage eventually. In your case, I'd simply take it slow and see where things get in a year or so, ideally after she's old enough to not land you in jail (17/18. Only). As neighbors and friends for a long time, you can afford the luxury of taking things extremely slow.

Well in my state it's legal to have sex because of this close in age exemption, but i would probably wait a bit anyways. She is a bit random when communicating via text, but i don't like texting that much so whatever. After she texted me first, for the past few days i then started to text her first. I'm going to see if shes going to text me first now or not. Although i have a sense that she won't since she probably thinks I'm busy because i mostly text her at the end of the day. Thank you for your response though. Whenever I'm coming back home, I'll ask if she wants to hang when i get back.

Reread that exemption. It's more of a guideline and defense strategy your defending attorney will try to present for a case dismissal. And sometimes it works.

Anyway, I digress. With her family being okay with you, it's not something to really concern over anyway. Ask her and good luck!

Archived