unhappy birthday to me

ladyinblue90

i turned 24 yr old today. and it got me thinking that i never had a birthday cake or party my whole life.

i know that nobody is obliged to remember my birthday but it would feel nice to get a wish when u walk out of the room...but nothing. my sis is watching tv and didn't even glance at me. my mom is going to the bathroom. its just like any other day. its been like this every year. no one fuss over me and make a big deal about it. i reassure myself every year at the exact same day that its okay, you're not the center of the universe but really its eating away at my self-esteem. when its their birthday, everyone would jump in and giving out all sort of ideas to make it wonderful. i joined in wholeheartedly but it sucks to know that it wont happen to me. ever.

even my mom and friends that i trust with my whole life doesn't remember it. worst part is, i remember everyone else cos i think deep down i want them to as i do. sometimes i have this feeling like, i will pretend i forgot about theirs but i know that's just plain immature and ppl will do the same to me and that's just making it 2x worse.

but today, i don't wanna be sad, depressed and grieving like i did years before so i plan to get a little spoiled and get a hair redo and do some shopping. its not much but its a start.

anybody here in the same boat as me?

Completely baffling to me. Do they remember a day or two or a week later? I have no idea how that happens if the family tradition is to celebrate birthdays. I'm so sorry to hear about that. I understand why you feel bad about it, I would, too. Maybe next year you could plan your own birthday party, I know that's probably not ideal but it might turn out to be really fun. Bake your favorite cake, get your favorite ice cream, invite friends and family, maybe go out to dinner or do something fun. Good for you for planning to spoil yourself. Enjoy it!

I really am sad to think of you alone and feeling like this, especially on your birthday.

From me to you: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are in my thoughts right now and I wish you peace in your heart and all the very best life has offer. Hugs.

That's horrible! Why should everyone else's birthday in your family be celebrated besides yours. If I was you, I'd bring it up. Ask if you can do something special for your birthday this year, and hopefully everyone will chip in for you.

Sending you all the best birthday wishes!!!!!

I'm not in that boat now - but I was for over 10 years with my ex.

I'm very sorry - and think your plan to do something for yourself is an excellent one. It sucks - but if you remember to be important to yourself, it doesn't have to suck QUITE so much.

Happy birthday, and enjoy your spoiling!!!

Your parents never celebrated your birthday or threw you party ever in your life? I'm just clarifying because that seems so unusual. Do you have enough money to take yourself out for a manicure or ice cream or latte?? Do something to feel special because you are!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Archived