Open Club  ·  24 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

My taglit birthright Israel trip

Perplexingana

I haven't written in awhile but I wanted to share my excitement. I visited Israel the 23rd of December 2013 to the 3rd of January 2014. It was for my birthright taglit trip, it changed my life, I am actually in the process of making Aliyah my plan is for July 2014. It was the most beautiful learning experience, I absolutely fell in love with the culture, community, national pride and even the history of Israel. I never thought that going would lead me to make Aliyah but it has. I am almost done with all of my paperwork just a few more things and then I wait for approval from Israel. I really feel this could be a new start for me and also that because I'm going to have dual citizenship I don't have to be afraid to leave for a while. I felt really connected there and all I can say is people if your Jewish and you have been thinking of going on your birthright trip and haven't gone yet do not miss the opportunity it is the experience of a lifetime, seriously it's amazing. I can hardly contain my excitement as each day I get closer to living in Israel, guess that's why I'm sharing here. I love the USA but I have lived here my whole life almost it is time for a change. That's it I guess! Don't miss your taglit birthright trip!! If you get the chance to enjoy the gift take it.

I know a number of people who did the trip and said that the pace at which they were required to go (on very very little sleep - 3 hours a night or so) during the 10 day trip ruined the trip for them. I know others who found it amazing. I know young people (I think the age cut-off is in the mid-20s) can deal with that much better than much older people but I guess the combination of little sleep, jet lag and running around all those hours a day seemed counterproductive to the experience of it.

Archived