Text back or not? ...confused

levie

So I've been in contact with a new person - he's in LA - I am in SF right now until next week when I go back to the east coast.

He sent me messages on okc paying me a lot of compliments and said he'd like to take me out for dinner (but when and where he didn't specify). He asked for my number and continued texting - but when I asked whether he's coming to SF or inviting me to LA - he said -too soon to come to SF - he was on a trip abroad. He said he wanted to get to know me - see my pictures - I sent him some.

Now I got confused - so I said I prefer not to text but to have him call me.

Since he got back to US on wednesday - he phoned me - and said the same thing - that he'd like to meet me and possibly move back to New York - that he has license to practice there. He said he got off OKC because besides me he hasn't met anyone nice.

He said he'd phone me same evening - but I haven't heard back and the following day - yesterday - I texted and asked how he's settling - and I sent him a link to my website - he called me twice - (I had missed both calls accidentally) - and phoned him back.

He said he'll look at my site - told me a little bit about his work and said he'll let me know when he looks. I saw he got back on Okcupid same day. (i amnot sure what it means if anything)

Same evening yesterday he texted me: "Fantastic work " ..and ""gifted lady" ..which are both very nice.

I saw he looked at my linkedin.

Do I reply to him? Do I need to? I am so confused.

Are you interested? Are you really confused or you are you trying to find a reason to keep communicating? It doesn't sound like you find it very promising...but I don't want to put words in your mouth.

If you WANT to respond, what is holding you back? And given that reason, do you still want to contact him?

Yes of course I do. I hesistate how to proceed because he said to me very serious things - he said " to have a serious relationship with and eventually marry if the fit is good. "

But texting isn't calling and isn't meeting. I want to make sure he follows through what he said he wants.

It is that his intentions match his actions...so in that light...I don't know whether to text him back

If I were looking to get married/settle down, that would be a time in my life when long distance would especially not work for me. But that's me. If you're still interested, then you should definitely respond/call him, text back or whatever you want.

Archived